🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Found a little buried treasure here recently , heres a video of it

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found a little buried treasure here recently , here's a video of it

We were recently contacted by a gentleman who heard we were good with our detectors and needed our help. Joey , Kandi and I went to the aid of this guy who felt sure his mom had buried money in the yard. His dad had passed away and his mother has gotten to the point she doesnt even recognize him anymore.Well he lives in Texas and came back to SC to clean up and get his parents home ready to sell. Well this guy had no idea what he was in store for when he started cleaning up the place. He realized his parents didnt believe in banks! The guy told us he found stash's of cash and coin literally everywhere in the home! He showed me a closet full of about 40 pocketbooks and every one was stuffed with cash. It was behind the walls, in the mattress's, in every book in the house , in greeting cards, christmas cards. He even found some stuffed in frozen vegetables in the fridge! He's had to go through everything! She had 25 handguns, antique firearms. He said she was a classic hoarder and they loved antiques. The stuff in their was mind boggling and he's steadily going through it all. he has receites where she bought gold coins and gold bars valued in todays prices at about 300,000 dollars and has yet to locate but about 10 coins. It's there somewhere he hopes! Well here's our little adventure recently. I didnt take my camera thinking we wouldnt find anything, luckily Kandi brought hers. he offered us a reward and dinner but we declined saying we were just glad to help. I hope you enjoy it. He was pretty happy as he knows there's no way he'd ever have recovered the stuff we found. It was a foot deep next to a cement block foundation in the basemment.

The Hun

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Golly miss Molly!!!!!! The woman knew what she was doing! What a thrill! Hope you find it all!!!!!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
wow!! I think he could have afforded a little reward!! congrats to you though!

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome dig. I would love to see more

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow,his mom & dad left him his own Treasure chest:icon_thumright:sad about the dad & sorry for the mom in her condition,,HH:hello:

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These stashes do exist...It is just rare that they are ever recovered, if not by the original owner.

HH,

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called my parents told them was gonna come for a visit. Dad said good we can fish I said yep I'm gonna fish your yard lol

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
wowser, good deed. Karma will find you soon. And Uncle Barry will take take posession of what's found, somehow, some way he will get at least his 35%, whether (sp) taxes were originally paid or not.....nge

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool story. A friend was remodeling a house for an owner. He found a wall stacked with cash between the studs. He said he almost had a heart attack. He called the owner and was given a very nice bonus. Ended up punching holes between every stud in the house after that. This stuff happens more than you think.
Good job helping a person in need.

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, that's quite a find, sad about the owners, but the finding would be quite a thrill. Nuggy

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great story, I would love to see the sequel and I hope you find the gold. Good luck.:hello2:
ZDD

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutly awesome story.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Very nice job folks. You should send this in to some of the treasure hunting mags! :)

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool, that had to be a BLAST! Nice video you guys ROCK!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions