๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION The Story Behind The Red Horseshoe!!!!!

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another day @ the beach:hello2:so here I am metal detecting & here comes along this guy named Larry.He tells me a story about a family,vacationing for a week & they had bought along there Horseshoes,along with other beach toys:toothy2:The Dad & him were playing the horseshoe & apparently it got lost in the sand they tried there best looking for it in the sand.It was a very special horseshoe,you think you would be able to find it when you see how big it is::sad1::sad9:
So they gave up looking because their vacation came to an end.They left Heartbroken:help:So Larry shows me the area where they were playing,just a few swings with my P.I. & :hello2:Red is one of my favorite colors..
Larry contacted the office & in turn they contacted the guy.Collins which is his name called Larry to find out about his Red Horseshoe,Larry tells him the story on how it was found.I get a call from Collins Thanking me so much & explaining how special this Red Horseshoe is a Heirloom to their family.It is part of a set that has been in the Family from his Grandfather,Father,generation's down it's been in the family from the 40's :headbang:and how they were so sad when they lost it..When he told me his story it made me cry:crybaby2:
It was so touching to hear his story.I told him Larry & I were a team.:occasion14:It's what we say being @ the right place @ the right time,which we both were:icon_thumright:Times like this is what makes my Hobby-PRICELESS:hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2: I also have a new friend Larry!! After finding that very special Red Horseshoe,I went about my way along the dry & wet sand:happysmiley::walk:Sorry Larry & I is a little @ an angle & oh yea,also found that Trojan in the sand,I guess the guy got unlucky:laughing7::laughing9:,,HH

Attachments

• photo-87.JPG
    photo-87.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 209
  • photo-88.JPG
    photo-88.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 210
  • photo-90.JPG
    photo-90.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 206
  • photo-86.JPG
    photo-86.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 256
  • photo-89.JPG
    photo-89.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 257

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pictures. Happy hunting!

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a nice story! Love the pictures, too.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed the story with my Keurig cup of Coffee. WTG :coffee2:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Kiana...What a great story...just a horse shoe to us but loads of sentimental value to the owner!

I'm nominating you for Honorable Mention ...you deserve it. :hello2:

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Nice return! It is great to help others and you honor our hobby!!!

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Kiana...What a great story...just a horse shoe to us but loads of sentimental value to the owner!

I'm nominating you for Honorable Mention ...you deserve it. :hello2:
Wow Joe,Thank You so much:hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2:,I'm actually sitting here @ my computer & can't believe I've made an Honorable mention:icon_thumright:I'm so teary eyed right now,right now I feel like I just found my Biggest Treasure & makes me to go out even more,You are a true Friend indeed:occasion14:.It's the same feeling when I found the wallet & cell phones & returned them:hello2: Thank You TN-Family & all the Important Persons who decides to make it an Honorable Mention:hello2:,,HH:hello:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the items we find might not be worth a lot to collectors, but to someone else, they might be quite valuable Kiana7. You just proved this with a simple horseshoe! Well done and congrats. Gold Nuggets :hello:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and return Kiana, and getting an honorable mention is a great thing also.HH.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Kiana, you did so well!

Great story and equally great return!:headbang:

Good for you and Larry:hello2:

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions