Sep 30, 2010
Northern New Mexico
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F-75 LTD, Blisstool V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 1959 Men's Gold Class Ring and Returned to Owner

I was in Colorado this past week helping my dad winterize his ranch and I was able to have a few moments to metal detect the yard from his late 1800's house. I found allot of clad coins but I did find a Gold mens High School class ring from 1959. After some online detective work, I was able to track down the owner and return the ring to him last week. The owner said that he lost it while herding cattle on horseback and he had the ring only a few months before he lost it. He was overjoyed when he received it in the mail! Thanks for looking!

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a great story! It will be a day he will always remember, thanks to you. May karma reward you with some really good finds in the future!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a great story! It will be a day he will always remember, thanks to you. May karma reward you with some really good finds in the future!

Not only may the Karma reward you, may the Ghia reward you ,too!

Here is the official Karma Ghia Reward:

Attachments

• karma ghia.jpg
    karma ghia.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another story of a awesome return.. I hope the meatheads r reading!! GREAT JOB... HH

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a 58 Class Ring,after searching the Initials for the school the only person with them said,no I never lost a ring,sure would like to have returned it though,would have BETTER than finding it!! 53 years WOW!!! God Bless Chris

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet that was quite a surprise to hear that it had been found after more than 50 years. great find and return!

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14:that definitley deserves honorable mention great job while its nice to find great stuff nothing beats the satisfaction of returning something that maybe had alot of personal value to a person and knowing you just made there day congrats :icon_thumright:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find....better story.....WTG.:icon_thumleft:

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a month ago, a hunting buddy dug a 1948 Univ. of Texas BA ring from a back yard demo site. Thre people graduated in 48 with the same name but only one had a BA. Did a bunch of searching and located the son of the owner. The owner, born in 1919, had passed away in 1998. After a couple of phone calls, talking to the widow, leaving numbers and names etc., the son was to call back and never did. The ring band had been cut for a smaller finger and was so fragile and really light weight, it broke near the stone when trying to spread apart the band.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a good feeling to be able to locate the owner and reunite them
with a lost ring. Congratulations..... Gold Nuggets :hello:

ladyliegh

Sep 17, 2012
SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super! An early Christmas gift from the past. Very nice of you to make the effort.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, well done!!

OP
OP
deltamann

deltamann

Sep 30, 2010
Northern New Mexico
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F-75 LTD, Blisstool V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post Script: American Digger Magazine is putting this story in their magazine in a future edition!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread