🏆 HONORABLE MENTION My first wedding ring return.... feels SWEET, but there are bitter bits!!!!!!

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sometime ago I joined an Australian Metal Detecting Forum, never really did anything about it just lurked now and then (Aust forums are alot less populated and I find Tnet more to my speed) anyway..... I'm lurking the other day and notice an appeal for a lost gold wedder near my home. I know the creek well and make my first post on the forum to offer my help. The place had already been searched but I thought why not? Anyway I arrange to meet the hubby, time, place etc and he stands me up - I was not happy and said so - if you read the forum link you will see this (I am Dollarmule on this forum). Anyway the guy emails me, apologises and says since I know the creek well would I have another go. I weaken this morning and go back to find another bloke detecting the spot on the map. Turns out it was the first forum member "Sweeper" - back to try again for the couple (his third and to be final hunt), and he had worked really hard to total over 40 sinkers and loads of junk in a small search area. Anyway the morning passes talking MD business and we are about to depart. I said to Sweeper -" I'm just going to go over that sandy part near the sign (right where the ring had been marked on the map as most likely) - I have not had a serious look there yet" and boom as luck would have it on my second line of sweeps out comes the couples wedding ring. We were both stoked. If you would like to read / see a pic - the forum thread it is:
Gold ring lost in Pottsville area.Anyone with a detector can help? I'll reward!!
There is a pic (at the bottom of this page)bad one of me with the ring and SS) and some background on the find. Also some good testament to the Sand Shark holding it's own against an Excal. Best of all was meeting and learning new stuff from Sweeper, his Super Scoop was devastating a tricky, rocky bed, I want one, he said they are not made anymore? also that sweet feeling in my gut knowing that ring is back home is mighty fine.

Attachments

• First Wedder Return..jpg
    First Wedder Return..jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not many would have gone back after being stood up. Well done!!

chuckie

Nov 12, 2012
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Garret Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smoogle, doing the right thing is always the best reward. Congrats on the find and return!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wonderful story, Smoogle!

Great job on finding and returning that wedding band:headbang:

Lorraine

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sound like the type of person that enjoys a good challenge from time to time.
Even after being stood up, you went back and found the ring.....well done. :hello:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE JOB---THAT KIND OF STUFF MAKES ALL OF US HONEST DIGGERS LOOK GOOD----THANK YOU------:occasion14:

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
You did a great service for that couple. I hope they appreciated your honesty !

jangrok

Dec 27, 2012
New Jersey
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Nox 800, Garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story!

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for making us all look good.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job,glad you went back and that couple will always have a great story to tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread