Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this ring this past fall, it is 10K gold and black onyx. I contacted the owners of the house and also the previous owners, neither had a clue as to whom it belonged to. I then started thinking of who rented the place in the summer and then realized a friends brother whose last name begins with R did alot of work on the house. He has since passed away, but I asked his brother if he had had a ring like that, he thought so but wasn;t sure. I then talked to a friend of his brothers who knew him well and he said he definitely had a ring like that and had lost it while working at the house I found it at.( I hadn;t told him where I found it). I thus returned it to my friend who was grateful to have a ring of his now passed brother.

Attachments

• R ring.JPG
    R ring.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 791
L

loganscott

You are a man of character and honor to go to such lengths to find out about this ring. I salute you.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal~

hh

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFIU said:
Good for you, Mainedigger. I haven't had the privilege to return a ring to its' owner yet, but I know after reading your story and many other like it, that it will be a most rewarding experience.

Dick

Dick...I;ve been able to return a few rings and some WWII medals to the owners and owners family and that in itself is more rewarding than actually finding the item. I still have an old wedding band and a high school ring that I am trying to locate who owned them, to get them back to the owner or their family, I enjoy the challenge of the research of trying to locate someone from an engraved date or initials. Besides the enjoyment I get out of seeing the expressions and happiness of someone getting a lost item, it also promotes good will for our hobby and may make more people willing to grant permission to hunt their property, which is good for us all.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Rings are a dime a dozen.

How many times in life do you get the chance to do something as cool as that for someone.

Good work! ;)

Ridley

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story and picture. Thank you for being one of the Good Guys or Ladies. LOL. You will be rewarded in you next life. Again Thanks for being A good Representative for our Hobby.

HH,Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread