🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Found and returned gold wedding band!!!

iukams

Dec 26, 2009
Iuka,MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Ace 150, GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An old friend contacted me on Facebook a couple days ago and asked if I was still into metal detecting. Of course I said yes. She said her husband had lost his wedding band somewhere in there back yard. So I told her I would come on Sunday and try and find it. So I arrived at there house this morning around 10 am. We all walked out back and he showed me the area where it might have been. I asked if it was silver or gold. He said it was gold and lost about 2 months. His wife said they have spent hours and hours trying to find it because it was a very special ring because they have been married 24 years and couldn't stand the thought of losing it. I assured her I would do my best. I then went to the truck and got the crx3030 and went to work. I started close to the house and started a grid pattern. Back and forth working my way farther away from the house. After digging a penny and a few pull tabs, I got a STRONG 12-21 signal 1" deep. As I got my pin pointer out I was thinking, this has got to be it. Sure enough I started moving the dirt and grass back and I saw a shinny piece of gold. They were amazed that it only took about 15-20 mins to find it. They both were really speechless and wanted to pay me. I said no. I'm not excepting any money. He said well at least let me buy you a steak dinner. So I agreed to that. So we're all going out next weekend. :-)

Attachments

• image-953034291.jpg
    image-953034291.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job!

Now, ask them if they know anybody who has an old place to hunt. Permission should be easier now. :)
Never know which contacts will land you on something good!

HH!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope the steak was tender and the waitress flirted!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions