πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION LOST wedding band...FOUND and RETURNED!!!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guy down the road from me about a mile saw me detecting a field across from his house about 2 weeks ago, I detected till dark and when I went to pack up and stopped me and told me how his lost his wedding band in his backyard a year ago. He asked if anyway possible I could search for it for him. I said sure but it is dark now I will come back. Well I got busy with life, work, detecting etc….lol

Today I got off work early and headed down there, I knocked on his door and no answer, so I went ahead and started searching in his backyard, LUCKILY it was a fairly new home and it was a clean backyard, not a trashy old farm! First signal was a pulltab, and the very next signal was a 12-17, I was praying it was the ring, …..cut a plug, flipped it up and there it was staring back at me!!!! Took me UNDER 10 minutes total from the time I got to his house!

No one was home like I mentioned, so I left a note for him to call me. I brought it home, washed off the mud and shined it up, ....waiting on his call. I am excited to see how he reacts when I hand it to him!

His wife got home first and called me, I explained to her I found the ring, she was estatic!!! I asked her to please NOT tell her husband I wanted to surprise him, she told me she would text me when he got home.

I drove down to his house and knocked on the door, I told him I came down today to search for your ring, but bad news, I couldn't locate it, he instantly said "it's ok, I appreciate you trying for me"..........

Then I said, with as straight face as possible...:laughing7: "I did find one item that you might find interesting" and held out my hand. He reached his hand out and I dropped his ring into his palm.....his face lit up and he got the biggest smile ever and was so happy! I explained to him I had to tease him a bit before I gave it to him. His wife stood behind him and giggled. Great day, I was very happy to be able to find this for him, they were a young couple and it meant a lot to both of them.

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a class act right there!, nice work

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The look on the face of someone who gets a treasured ring back is priceless. Congrats on a great find.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

echodog

Oct 29, 2012
Great story! Congrats on the find/ return, that's good stuff! Way to go bud.

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nice work. You're building up good karma with a kind act like that. I think we all would love to be able to do what you did there.

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!!!!
Good for you!!! :icon_thumright:

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
WOW that's fantastic!! It was very honest of you to return it to him too!! There really needs to be more people like you in this world!! Do me a big favor and pat yourself on the back and smile!! You are a descent,honorable human being!!

Kathy (koolaidsmile) :-)

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for the honorable mention!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way awesome!!

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job good karma is coming your way for sure:hello2:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the story! Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions