Greenie
Apr 12, 2013
Carteret County, NC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been hitting the beach the past couple weeks, and I think people drink more beer there than at the bar! So far I've landed clad, some small jewelry, and different neat things. But just the other day I think I made my best find. When I arrived, just as I just started walking out onto the beach, I see a cooler trail, so I follow that until it stops and as soon as I turn the detector on it beeps. My first dig and this is what I recovered...
DSCN6482.JPG DSCN6483.JPG

It's a mens wedding band. I thought it was a bottle cap... Good thing I dig everything :)

Edit: Found owner of lost ring and will be meeting them this evening to return.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All u guys at the beach, more & more i hear all these great finds, way to go excellent find I gotta get to the beach asap

OP
OP
S

Swhetstone

Greenie
Apr 12, 2013
Carteret County, NC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy to have his wedding band back!

ForumRunner_20130602_185203.png

OP
OP
S

Swhetstone

Greenie
Apr 12, 2013
Carteret County, NC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted an ad on Craigslist and after a few days and emails later someone contacted me with an accurate description, size and where about they lost it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted an ad on Craigslist and after a few days and emails later someone contacted me with an accurate description, size and where about they lost it.

That shows real dedication to the hobby we all know not many people would have returned the find I for one am.in the ring finders club cuz I like the satifaction of bein the one to return that family peice that someone thought was gone forever really rewarding good for you

OP
OP
S

Swhetstone

Greenie
Apr 12, 2013
Carteret County, NC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, very satisfying, they were very happy and I think a little surprised that somebody would do that. The feeling IS way better when you return something with so much sentimental value. He's in the Marine Corps and was visiting a few beaches with his wife and were partying it up and that's how it was lost.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the find and return. It is nice to see we still have honest and good people left in this world.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Find & return !

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010