๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION A Wedding Ring Found and A Mother-In Law Put in Her Place

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I was metal detecting at Ormond Beach in the dry sand and a little girl came up and asked me if I could find gold with my metal detector. I said yes. She said her Dad had lost his wedding ring down by the water. I walked down to where there was a very distraught Father. His wife looked upset and his mother-in-law was giving him hell. He showed me a 50' by 50' area to look in and it was all hard sand. Not a place you could lose anything. After a while it looked grim. His mother-in-law was now so pissed she went to the car with his wife and daughter in tow. I don't think she thought I could find it and thought he was wasting his time with me.

He was getting more distraught. I said I would look in the water because we pretty well covered the hard sand. The first thing I found was a bottle top. At least it was something. I checked about 10 more feet down the beach and got another signal. It was "iffy" but worth a try. I dug and dug and the surf pushed me around and then I had whatever it was in my scoop. We walked with the full scoop to where the surf wasn't pounding us and looked in the scoop. Sure enough it was a big honking white gold wedding ring as he described. He jumped up and down and hollered and called me a "Godsend". I have been called a lot of things but never that. He thanked me and he said he was going to show his wife and disappeared. I went back to detecting.

Ten minutes later he came running down the beach to thank me again. He shook my hand and stuffed $40 in it. I said I didn't want it but he insisted and took off. I didn't want any money, all I wanted was to be able to take a picture for my metal detecting club members. Neither of us had phones on us. I guess it was a good day had by all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awe .. group hug :)

skip_a_loo

Apr 11, 2013
Newton, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Up Graded to...GTP at Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hugs 'N' Kisses to Patrol... sounds like his mother in law is a real treasure! And the treasure must be buried...8-)

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hugs 'N' Kisses to Patrol... sounds like his mother in law is a real treasure! And the treasure must be buried...8-)

Thanks for saving me from hugging finderkeepers! You are a woman right? :)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah getting out the "dog house" with both wife and "mother in law" is well worth the $40 bucks (only $20 each) --40 bucks to shut them up and buy peace and quiet--- a bargin at three times that--

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread