🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Class Ring returned !!

Mitch1FL

Oct 6, 2004
Sebastian, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI1500/AT-Pro/Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well another ring returned !! It all started on the 4th of July. The owner of this ring and his girlfriend had come up from Miami to get away to some smaller beaches. It all went downhill from then on. 1st off some kids were throwing a football around and hit his girlfriend right in the mouth busting open her lip. Later they had a bad meal at a local restaurant. But then after that he realized his University or Virginia class was missing. He had taken it off as not to lose it in the water. He had put it in a side pocket of one of their folding chairs they had. When they left, they just grabbed the chairs and took off; not realizing the ring fell out of the side pocket. He went back looking for it after they ate but cloud not locate it as it was now high tide. Now it’s 12 midnight that evening. A few days before I get a call that a friend that will be staying at a hotel at the beach so I arrange to go hunting with him. He had been chatting with me a couple of days prior to his arrival about the 1715 Treasure Fleet wrecks in the area. I called him to say I was now at the beach and he said he would meet me for a little hunting. But a storm was closing in and there was lightning off in the distance and closing in. But we met anyway. He handed a small bag with some Minelab goodies in it for giving him some insight into the area. He said we can just put it up in the bushes and I could get it later. I said my truck is just back about 100 yards in the public parking area. I will go put the stuff there. On the way I am just haphazardly swinging my detector trying to get back to the truck so I could go back detecting ASAP. It was then that I get a good hit, so I stop to dig this "coin". I could not just leave a good signal there. Well BOOM, out pops this GOLD class ring. I get so excited I don't go back to the truck but run back to show Sal the ring. I could not believe it. On the beach for 5 minutes and I got a gold ring. I was thinking yea Sal does not believe this, probably thinks I brought it with me to try and look good. Well I did go put the bag of goodies in the truck and we started detecting but the storm rolled in and after 15 min we were off the beach. Well the ring had the owners name engraved in it so I went home the stating looking for the owner. I found a match using LinkedIn. Name, education, BS in 2010. A few days later I sent him a message via the Linked In site.. "Have you been to Vero Beach lately and if so, did you lose something?" His reply was "Yes, he had been there on the 4th and had a really bad time and had lost his University of Virginia Class ring........had I found it?" I replied “Here is my phone number you need to call me; I have something to give back to you “Well he could not believe it had already been found. At 1st he wanted me to mail it to him, I said I would but after the sorrow of losing it, now know you are going to get it back, what if it gets lost in the mail? So a few days later he drove up and we met at the local Cracker Barrel. Here he is picking up his ring!!
We then went inside and had a good meal!
smile.gif

DSCN8875aa.JPG pic240455.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest: