kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, what a great story. How often can you be thankful for disaster in your on life that lets you help someone else? Looking for this ring I thought he was along the road side ditch. Opps, how about a 12 foot deep, steep banked, muddy mess of a creek instead? He was dumping his wheel barrow when he took a trip down the bank and into three feet of flash flood rainwater. As he struggled to get up the bank he lost a sentimental ring with a touching story behind it. Short version of long story, after I looked in all of the easy places I jumped down onto a tiny island of mud in the creek. Standing there, looking up I tried to imagine where the ring might be. From my on experience with my $400 tiny, missing headphones in the same kind of place I picked a spot to start. Bingo! I held it in my hand, struggled up the bank, and asked him if I could take a picture of it. He kept saying, of what? Held out my hand, dropped it into his and watched him light up. Awesome! The stone in this handmade 24kt gold ring was from his engagement to a girl who died before their wedding.

Don
HH

Attachments

• Ring_7088.jpg
    Ring_7088.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Ring_7097.jpg
    Ring_7097.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 332
  • Handshake_7096.jpg
    Handshake_7096.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 354
Last edited by a moderator:

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story! Was on the beach the past couple of days and both times was asked by people to find stuff. That is as much fun as hunting on your own. :)

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
C'mon where's all the votes ??:dontknow: Click that banner button for this Honorable Action :icon_thumleft:
My hat's off to you Kilmer. HM #2 no doubt.
Great work :notworthy:

Last edited:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on HM #2 :hello2: What a history behind that stone :occasion14:

Got a question for you, did the 24 K read a higher conductive on your detector than the usual 10/14K ?

OP
OP
kilmer

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on HM #2 :hello2: What a history behind that stone :occasion14:

Got a question for you, did the 24 K read a higher conductive on your detector than the usual 10/14K ?

Wow, great question and I have no idea. I haven't dug a lot of gold with the Deus and my ring success has been mostly with men's wedding bands that ID close to a nickel. Since I wasn't sure how it would read I dug anything that sounded shallow and was in that range. To be honest that ring boomed in the headphones and I never even looked at the meter. K knew it was good by the sound. I may ask him to let me run by and get a reading on it sometime. Sorry, I was so excited about finding the ring my brain sorta froze.

Don

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Don, if I recall the hi karat gold reads up near copper. it is one or maybe the most electrically conductive metals,
(note all the gold plated connectors), I think alloying with other metals for karat jewelery makes it drop.
Again, Congrats and Hats Off for the return of that stunning piece :thumbsup:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a great feeling to return something lost to the owner! Well done..:hello:

justdugcrazy

Aug 6, 2013
Amazing congrats on your reuniting the two together I'm sure you will be in the 2 nd chapter of the rings life story and will be remembered forever by whoever ends up owning this wonderful piece of emotional history

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread