Trokair

Mar 26, 2010
Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the Outer Banks of North Carolina for vacation. My friend from highschool has a great family and his Mother and Father invited me along. Of course, I brought my V3 with me and his father bought a low budget detector from Harbor Freight to see how he liked it. Our first day out we found a lot of stuff. Nothing major just digging all targets. Coming back to the house yesterday a woman called to us from her balcony. They had lost a tent stake that day and wondered if we had come across it. We had and gladly returned it. That was my first returned item and I felt really great about it.

Today as we were making our way to the water a man flagged us down. His wedding band had fallen from his finger somewhere while playing football on the beach. Dad and I quickly jumped to it and started griding off the roughly 100 yards by 50 yards that he believed it was in. An hour later I pulled it from the sand. I will try to get a pic up as my phone is not cooperating at the moment but the relief in his face when I called across the beach that I had it was quite the reward. They offered us money, beer, food, whatever we wanted. We took nothing. The satisfaction in a job well done was more than enough. I really love this hobby.

Edit: Pic attached with the ring back to its owner.

Attachments

• returned ring.jpg
    returned ring.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited by a moderator:

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS!

You make all of us look good.

P.S. It would have been ok to get a sanwich, a cold drink or something!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal. I love this hobby.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find and return!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread