πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION 1968 Class Ring Returned!!

RedAmos

Oct 25, 2012
Minnesota
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made someone very happy today.

A couple of weeks ago I found a large gold class ring in water next to a St Paul MN beach. The ring was a 1968 Mechanic Arts High School class ring with the initials J.A.H. inscribed on the inside.

The school closed down quite a few years back and I was having a difficult time finding info on the graduating classes. Luckily it turned out my best friend's grandfather attended to same school and had stayed in contact with their alumni association.

It took a few weeks but I eventually heard back from my friends grandpa with information on the rings owner.

Today I met with the ring's owner, John A. H., and returned his ring.

He told me that his family didn't have much money and his parents bought him the ring as a gift. Unfortunately 2 weeks after receiving the ring someone stole it out of his gym locker. Apparently the thieves took the ring to the beach where they lost it in the water.

John said that he didn't have the heart to tell his folks that he lost the ring. That was until this week when he found out that the ring would be coming home.

It took 45 years but now the ring is back in the hands of its very thankful owner. John is wonderful guy and I was glad that I was able to help him out.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image-2674379468.jpg
    image-2674379468.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 195
  • image-3022650712.jpg
    image-3022650712.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job guy.... You ought to be very proud of yourself. I truly hope someday I can do something the same for somebody. I'm proud for ya. Hope you get another chance someday... Later, Brad

Finderskeeper

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its nice that you gave it back to the owner because a lot of people would just keep it

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job!!! I am in awe at how these beaches in Minnesota get pounded nearly everyday and we are still pulling old relics. Thanks for posting Amos and again, GREAT JOB - LOVE IT!!!!!!:occasion14:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"U da man". Does my ole heart good to see people go out of their way to do a good deed. We are fortunate to have many people here at Tnet who have done the same. Over all a good bunch of folks. Proud of you my friend. Congrats on locating the owner.
:occasion14:

Ed-D

Jan 1, 2011
North Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Pro, NEL Hunter Coil, ACE Apex for the coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job. I love this part of the hobby.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great return! You never know finding something could bring so much happiness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions