๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Find and return in 3-4 minutes

missoiula4me

Aug 4, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was metal detecting on September 6th (Friday) at Asilomar State Beach in Pacific Grove California. It was near the end f the hunt; I'd found 30+ nails and assorted junk. I was down behind some rocks and found a nice sterling silver bracelet with a large turquoise stone at the waters edge. I decided to head back to my car. There was a bunch of people painting the ocean view. One woman saw me with my metal detector and asked if I'd found a sterling silver bracelet with a turquoise stone. By now I'd had the bracelet for 3-4 minutes. As I pulled out the bracelet, the woman got a bit emotional. She said she lost it the day before. She was visiting from Virginia and her husband had given the bracelet to her for their 23rd wedding anniversary. She spent al day looking to include checking different turn-outs along the highway down Big Sur. she had pretty much given up and that night called her husband to tell him she lost his gift. He told her he now knew what to give her for her birthday. I was offered a reward which I turned down. I told her I'd be happy with just a picture to record the event. She gladly obliged (see below). I told her I got as much from the expression on her face when she saw it as any reward she could have given. The bracelet wasn't the most expensive item but the sentimental value was immeasurable. I spent 25 years in law enforcement helping people so this was something I really liked doing.

Attachments

• image-1004940239.jpg
    image-1004940239.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 181
  • image-1329311348.jpg
    image-1329311348.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 182
Last edited by a moderator:

Chuxter

Jul 29, 2013
I was metal detecting on September 6th (Friday) at Asilomar State Beach in Pacific Grove California. It was near the end f the hunt; I'd found 30+ nails and assorted junk. I was down behind some rocks and found a nice sterling silver bracelet with a large turquoise stone at the waters edge. I decided to head back to my car. There was a bunch of people painting the ocean view. One woman saw me with my metal detector and asked if I'd found a sterling silver bracelet with a turquoise stone. By now I'd had the bracelet for 3-4 minutes. As I pulled out the bracelet, the woman got a bit emotional. She said she lost it the day before. She was visiting from Virginia and her husband had given the bracelet to her for their 23rd wedding anniversary. She spent al day looking to include checking different turn-outs along the highway down Big Sur. she had pretty much given up and that night called her husband to tell him she lost his gift. He told her he now knew what to give her for her birthday. I was offered a reward which I turned down. I told her I'd be happy with just a picture to record the event. She gladly obliged (see below). I told her I got as much from the expression on her face when she saw it as any reward she could have given. The bracelet wasn't the most expensive item but the sentimental value was immeasurable. I spent 25 years in law enforcement helping people so this was something I really liked doing.

Great story!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what it's all about! :occasion14:

Anita

OP
OP
M

missoiula4me

Aug 4, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely. Any reward would have ruined the moment. It was my best find. I wish I could have held on to for a few more minutes. :) oh well.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:notworthy: :occasion16::occasion18: WOW! COULDN'T BE ANY BETTER THAN THAT! :wav: You'll eventually dig something just as nice or nicer! I had a similar quick beach return of a silver ring a year ago, though not nearly as precious to the owner or as touching as your return. Not too long after that, I dug an even prettier silver ring at the same beach! HAVE FUN! Andi

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bravo! As a 30 year LEO myself, I know how you feel. Doing the right thing is why we were in the business. Mrs. Virginia will always remember Californians as good people because of you. There will be blessings to follow, so keep hunting. Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread