WW2 dog tag being returned

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For 2 months i have been detecting Hammer Field an Army air base here in Ca.Found coins, buttons and dog tags.I told a member(felinepeachy) in chat about the dog tags iam finding.She said wouldnt be great if we found 1 of the guys and returned it So detective Peachy started her research and in a few minutes told me one of the servicemen was dead but he might have a son.So she called and the person was the son of the guy on the dog tag.At first there was silence then OH MY GOD.All i did was find it but the credit goes to Felinepeachy.I will update as soon as i talk to him myself.P.S. he lives in the state of Washington

Attachments

• DSCN0721.jpg
    DSCN0721.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 891
  • DSCN0721.jpg
    DSCN0721.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 867

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA, that is great, hope she or you finds the second one's family also. That must have been a surprise for the owner, all I can say is good job peachy and aa!!!!!!

Don

PS: I just looked at mine from basic training--ah shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - over 41 years old they are - Yikes ::)

T

texas hunter

AA--you are truely a credit to our group. As a vet myself, I know how much something like that would mean to me. Stand tall AA, you deserve it !!
HH
Lou

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I echo Texas hunter, as a Vet that is a truly great thing. I'm certain that the family will be very honored to have a piece of there family member's life with in the service of his country

Bravo Zulu!!

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG aa & peachie!! Great story. Please update this post with any news on this. That was a fantastic idea. Kudos to both you.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job AA and peachy!!!!!!!!! I am not a vet myself, but am the son of a vet and if anyone found my Dad's dog tags and returned them I would be overjoyed. Always nice when we can return an item that means so much to its owner or a family member. Also shows the non-hobbyists that we are not money grabbing scavengers preying on other peoples losses. WTG!!! And may the detecting Gods smile upon you(and peachy) for your fantastic thoughtful deed of researching and returning them. Now that's what this hobby is all about.... ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very honorable deed...thanks, AA & Peachy ;D

;) RR

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got off the phone with son of serviceman on dog tag.He told me some great stories about his father.He also says his brother cant believe it.A big thanks to felinepeachy for finding him. ;DMailing it tuesday.

T

TreasureTales

A standing ovation to aa battery and felinepeachy. You are both to be commended for returning that tag. WTG. That story should be written up in the local paper ( just don't give too many details about your site. LOL). Then you could be added to "Honorable Mention" here on TNet. Anyhow, it's a great thing you've done.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story, Keep us Updated.

JEFF

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great story! Congrats to you both on the find.

Nat

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys peachy found another son of a WW2 serviceman ;D

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE. The son called me and said his father is buried at Willamette National Cemetery Portland Ore.If they will let him he wants to put his fathers dog tag on his head stone. :)

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot something.He told me this is very good site and enjoyed his visit on tnt.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE The man i returned dog tag to called me again and guess what?His family has a gold mine on the Oregon and California border. :o

T

TreasureTales

aa battery said:
UPDATE The man i returned dog tag to called me again and guess what?His family has a gold mine on the Oregon and California border. :o

Hmmm, where would that be? Will he give you access to nuggetshoot or relic hunt? More proof that good deeds pay off in many ways. WTG

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE. The son called me and said his father is buried at Willamette National Cemetery Portland Ore.If they will let him he wants to put his fathers dog tag on his head stone. :)

its goin to happen again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread