πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Todays Galveston Beach Find!!

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Sidewinder,Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have been hunting several different Galveston beaches since Sunday and of course the last night here we find the best beach . We finally called it quits around 2:30 AM. I ended up finding 2 gold rings and one of them is a huge Texas A & M class ring. I am going to try to get in touch with the guy first thing this morning. His name is on the inside of the ring and after doing a web search I found out that he lives and works in Houston. Hopefully I will be able to contact him and return the ring this afternoon since we'll be heading thorough Houston on our way home. The picture of my finds for today only has one ring in it because I have ended up losing the 2nd ring. I set two first for tonight. One was finding the largest gold ring that I have ever found and number two was finding the smallest gold ring that I have ever found. Ended up losing the smallest one unless I find it in the truck.

Jess ring1.jpg Jess ring.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kid lost a skeleton key we found, I keep telling him to get the detector and sweep his room. Good luck finding the ring, nice finds!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking ring, good luck on the return and keep us posted if your successful on the contact.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
29k.gif NICE RING!!!

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
For him to lose it, the transmitter (homing device) embedded in the ring must have stopped functioning. I'm sure it's there and no one will convince me otherwise. My daughter is an A&M graduate and never takes her ring off. Put her in a room with other Aggies and they'll find each other every time.:laughing7:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, Digg Mo! Nice find, and you are a great asset to the hobby! Wave at us if you go by on IH 45N :wink:

Wayne

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one beautiful ring. Good luck on the return.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Better to have found the ring and lost it, than to not have found it?!?! :unhappysmiley: And the other one takes the cake, anyway! Congrats! :occasion14: Hope you find an appreciative owner!

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an amazing looking ring. The man will be thrilled to see it again.
Let us know how it goes.
So you're saying that losing a gold ring that you found isn't a first to make 3 firsts today?

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations!!

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Great ring!
I pulled a little 14K pendant from Stewart beach about 2 weeks ago

Congrats!

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im glad somebody found some goods at the beaches there. Every time I go I get skunked. Hot, smelly, seaweed, lol I gave up going. . But I always go back OL

OP
OP
Digg Mo

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Sidewinder,Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an amazing looking ring. The man will be thrilled to see it again.
Let us know how it goes.
So you're saying that losing a gold ring that you found isn't a first to make 3 firsts today?

You're right with losing the ring that does make 3 first.

OP
OP
Digg Mo

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay folks here's "The rest of the Story" of my Galveston class ring find. After getting a few of hours of sleep I called the guys work number and got a recording. So I left a message along with my cell phone number saying that I think that I may have possibly found something that he may lost in Galveston and for him to please give me a call. In about 20 minutes I received a call from him. The first thing he said was that he had lost his Texas A & M class ring on June 1st while swimming in Galveston. I knew that I had found the owner to the ring. I told him that we would be driving thru Houston today on our way home and we then agreed to meet at a location on I-45 so that I could return the class ring.
He was already at the designated meeting spot when I arrived there around 2:00 PM. He asked me a few questions on how I found the ring. I told him the details of the find and how my hunting buddy Garren King did a Google search and found him thru Linkedin. He was very appreciative for me returning his ring to him and then he gave me a Thank You card which had 3 gift cards in the envelope. He thanked me several times for returning his class ring and said that "It's great knowing that there are still honest and wonderful people in the world". I told him that there are still a lot good and honest people that are treasure hunters and they will try to locate the rightful owners so that they can return the lost items to them.
Notice in the pic that he is wearing a replacement class ring on his right hand that he just received yesterday and he is holding his lost class ring in his left had.
Heck yeah.jpg

NBTexan

Aug 28, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold / Cobra Beach Magnet
Good on you for looking up the owner of the ring, I know it means a lot to him. An Aggie ring is special. Gig em!

Air Force & Coast Guard Vet, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding....Makes me want to get to Galveston as soon as I can now.......Congrats DigMo

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Okay folks here's "The rest of the Story" of my Galveston class ring find. After getting a few of hours of sleep I called the guys work number and got a recording. So I left a message along with my cell phone number saying that I think that I may have possibly found something that he may lost in Galveston and for him to please give me a call. In about 20 minutes I received a call from him. The first thing he said was that he had lost his Texas A & M class ring on June 1st while swimming in Galveston. I knew that I had found the owner to the ring. I told him that we would be driving thru Houston today on our way home and we then agreed to meet at a location on I-45 so that I could return the class ring.
He was already at the designated meeting spot when I arrived there around 2:00 PM. He asked me a few questions on how I found the ring. I told him the details of the find and how my hunting buddy Garren King did a Google search and found him thru Linkedin. He was very appreciative for me returning his ring to him and then he gave me a Thank You card which had 3 gift cards in the envelope. He thanked me several times for returning his class ring and said that "It's great knowing that there are still honest and wonderful people in the world". I told him that there are still a lot good and honest people that are treasure hunters and they will try to locate the rightful owners so that they can return the lost items to them.
Notice in the pic that he is wearing a replacement class ring on his right hand that he just received yesterday and he is holding his lost class ring in his left had.
View attachment 870580

Great story Mo!!!
What a awesome thing you did returning the ring. I am still looking for the one I can return.
You are a awesome person and a great rep of our hobby or addiction lol.

good Karma should coming your way?

Congrats!!!
James and Ryland

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Good find and great return! I vote honorable mention!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great for the hobby and you scored some gift cards...congrats...did you find the little ring? Sometimes my finds get caught inside my junk finds...coins are always stuck inside bottle caps and sometimes I think I lost something and find it stuck inside a piece of junk...I put all my finds in one pocket and separate them when I get home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread