Platinum Engagement Ring returned

KenPa

Apr 7, 2006
Easton, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
A friend of mine was contacted by a gentleman in south Jersey about his wife's Platinum engagement ring that she had lost. They were pretty certain that the ring was in their yard somewhere. He agreed to see if he could get some help and go there and try to find it for them. He asked if anyone was interested in helping and I said I would love to help. So we arranged to meet at their house and see what we could do. When we got there they were very hopeful that we could find the ring as it meant allot to both of them besides just the value. They had the wedding ring which was also platinum so that was helpful to see what it would read as. It came up pulltab/nickle on my XLT. the 3rd target was the ring that was missing. I jumped up and yelled "BINGO". I gave the ring to her husband so he could give it back to her. As I went to put my detector away, I heard happy yelling comming from the side of the house. The look on her face was priceless and I got a few pictures to show. I can't tell you how happy I was just to be able to give it back. They offered a reward but we declined.

Attachments

• Helicopter Pics 012.jpg
    Helicopter Pics 012.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 860
  • Helicopter Pics 013.jpg
    Helicopter Pics 013.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 861
  • Helicopter Pics 014.jpg
    Helicopter Pics 014.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 855
  • Helicopter Pics 016.jpg
    Helicopter Pics 016.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 855

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Ken, the happiness on her face kind of shows, HUH! :) It sure is a good feeling finding one's lost treasure to be rewarded with the happiness doing so brings.............

Just goes to show, you got to dig pulltab readings on the beach. :)

Don

xplrer

Dec 14, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
DFX, Eagle 2, Bandido 2 umax, Ace 250,White's Surf PI
I recently found a diamond ring that belonged to my friends niece. It was lost about three years ago around his pool. I used my DFX and the ring was found in 5 minutes.
I did not even get a thank you from her. But the experience of finding the ring knowing it was lost for so long and finding it within 5 minutes was enough for me.

I am glad that you got a response...she seemed to be very excited.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure gives you a good feeling to return a ring to someone and see the look on their face. I have never accepted a reward either. Way to go!!!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice to find a ring & make someone very happy, a friend of mine found my class ring, (before I had a detector), it was in the ground 15 yrs.

Fossis........................

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWSOME KEN !

that Look on her face is Priceless :D

Congrats !

Jeff

MikeTN

Feb 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
WTG Ken! bet it sure made you feel good! That feeling is reward enough. ;D

Mike

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA
Thats awesome Ken....It feels good to do good deeds. you found it fast...man your good...he he....Have not talked to you in a while, this weather is about got me at the end of my rope...when will it end....anyway very nice, and talk to you soon.... TnT

OP
OP
K

KenPa

Apr 7, 2006
Easton, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks for all the replies. I owe most of the credit to the guy who aranged to go look for it. It was alot of fun and I just happened to start in the right place, but it sure felt good to find it. I hope to have that oppertunity again someday. TnT the weather should break soon and we will get together and maybe hit those spots in New Jersey I got permission for with you, Mark and if JohnnyMc is around we'll make a day trip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread