Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a message today from my hunting buddy about a ring i had found a few days ago. Like most of us when we get these Triton TI rings i threw it in a can with all my others. Apparently the guy had posted a Craigs List the day before our hunt looking for his ring. I missed it since i normally look at those and try to help when possible. You talking about Merry Christmas...... this guy is one lucky guy. Its been ripping it up out there recently no doubt this thing would have been buried deep by time anyone could get to it. Now for the good part. The wife contacted me her husband was working but her and her dad came and met me. Since her husband hadnt been told about the return i suggest she put it under... or on the Christmas Tree...... Got to love Santa.

To add to the storey they have only been married since Nov 14. Her parents come with her, she couldnt have been much over 20 and as pretty as they come. The parents said her husband was so upset and they didnt have the money to replace it. He didnt want it replaced anyway he wanted it found because that was the one he got married with. Im told he looked for a couple of days for it. He met a well known married couple that detects in the area and they tried to locate it without success.... likely because i already had it. The parents offered a reward and had the money...... but with everything that had clicked to make this happen the night before Christmas and with it going on the tree.... how could i take money. It was worth nothing to me.... but to that young couple it was worth a million dollars for sure. Merry Christmas all.....

Dew

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story Dewcon! Merry Christmas!!!

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im supposed to get a call today and let me know how it went when he got the ring. In 20 years of detecting i now know what to say to someone who asks .... whats the best thing you ever found. This touched lives guys and this is just another reason i like this hobby.

Dew

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im supposed to get a call today and let me know how it went when he got the ring. In 20 years of detecting i now know what to say to someone who asks .... whats the best thing you ever found. This touched lives guys and this is just another reason i like this hobby.

Dew
Its a great hobby...too bad for the people that look at us and laugh...were cashing gold checks and touching lives...awesome return.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Another great story and return of a ring that meant a lot to that family. What better way to say Merry Christmas? Congrats Dew

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a call from the husband. He said when he lost it he was in BIG trouble. He said she waited until the last gift and at first though she had bought him another. Until her parents said that they had met me last night for the return. He said he was blown away.... i think thats a complement? Well alls well.

Dew

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, congratulations!!

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hamid.... and thanks Jeff for moving this one. It really has been my best give back.... simple ring warm story.

Dew

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was one of those situations i cant take credit for Mumszie..... There were a lot of things that happened to make this possible. Im just glad i was a part of it.

Dew

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic story! I love hearing how metal detecting can touch a life!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread