πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION What is more exciting than a gold ring? A gold coin!!

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I got a call from my favorite dive shop owner. She said that a newlywed had lost his ring earlier in the day. She didn't have many details so I told her I would just be out at the location at 7:00 am. This morning I get out there just before 7:00 and I jumped into the water with no clue the general location of the lost wedding band or even what kind of ring it was.

About 45 minutes into the search I see a young man and a woman who had "that look". I waded up to their position on the beach and asked if he had lost something yesterday. He replied "you're the guy I have been waiting for".

I asked him to describe his ring and the wife said it was tungsten. I'm thinking to myself, tungsten, really!

So he gives me the details of how he lost it and the general area. While I'm searching for his ring I get a little signal and chase it around a little bit. Finally I get it into the scoop and see a glint of yellow. Oh boy I'm thinking, a ring. Then I see that it's a coin. Well I think it's not anything of any significance so in the pouch it goes. Almost dismissal of it.

A little bit more searching and I find his ring and he is delighted to the tune of $100.00 bucks.

I stop by the dive shop to share the wealth to the tune of 20%. I always share the wealth when they call me.

When I get to work I start researching the coin I found. Oh boy!!! It is a 1932 Dutch 10 guilder coin. .900 (21.60K) of gold, 6.7 grams. There were 2 on Ebay. One for $271 and another for $450.

The rest of the pics have been collected over the past week. A silver earring, ring and a handful of coinage. Thanks for looking and good luck out there!!

Attachments

• IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,331
  • IMG_0571.JPG
    IMG_0571.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,350
  • IMG_0572.JPG
    IMG_0572.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,371
  • IMG_0574.JPG
    IMG_0574.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,337

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a great day! Congrats on the return and the loot.

Steve,

I was so tickled when I realized what I had found. I was making my coworkers sick, because I was in such an awesome mood.

But then on my way home from work, some knucklehead stopped in front of me and I had to lay down my scooter. If I hadn't been wearing my helmet I'd be in the hospital right now instead of sitting in the recliner with an ice pack on my hip.

Scuffed up elbow and knee, torn pants and really sore right side from shoulder to ankle. Thank goodness I broke the scooter's fall with my body.

Take care and good luck out there!

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Glad you're ok!!! Better the scooter than you, so we know you'll be back out there again in no time!! Best wishes your way & get well soon!

OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you're ok!!! Better the scooter than you, so we know you'll be back out there again in no time!! Best wishes your way & get well soon!

Thank you. Fortunately the scooter faired better than I did. No serious damage to me. It's just that I'm a 1962 model and the scooter is a 2008 model. It takes longer to heal now-a-days.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right place at right time, with the coin not the scooter! Hope your better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
holy crap man, thats freakin awesome!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
What a great find....pretty rare to find gold coins.
Pays to help others!

Cliff

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story, good find!! Haven't had my first return, but made several attempts!! Ray

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Tnt K-9, what a wonderful story! The gold coin find is beautiful:notworthy:

Nice goin' on the ring find and return!

Lorraine

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The sea gave back to you for your generous offer to help those people.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
I bet the first thing you did after the accident was make sure the coin was ok. Glad u were wearing the helmet. Awsome on the find. The karma paid out before the return. Three people were happy that day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions