tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I was out and about and signals were far and few between. I finally got a signal and saw a yellow circle in the bottom of the scoop. Turned out to be an 18K spinner ring @ 9 grams. The guy who wore it must have had a lot of stress because this thing is really worn out. I'm surprised that the 2 rings had not separated. Then I found a quarter and moved onto another spot.

THE RETURN: As I was approaching the waters edge a fellow asked if I had found anything and I replied no. He said his buddy had lost his ring "yesterday" while taking it off his finger to put it on the chain around his neck. I asked where he was at and he pointed to an area. Then I asked for a description and he said "Oh I don't know what it looks like but he does". He says he'll try to call him. I say okay and into the water I go. As I'm doing my thing I hear a whistle behind me and there is a fellow waving me in. He's standing next to an older woman. I wade up to them and the woman says "My son lost his wedding band yesterday while he was trying to put it on his necklace." I say yes, his friend already told me and I'm looking for it. But she says he wasn't where I was at he was way over there. So I move into the area she directed me. It was getting late into the morning and the beach vendor guy deployed his blow up castle floats for rent into the water. These things are huge and on a loose line floating around and bumping into me. I was getting nothing but frustrated and so I go back up to mom and ask her if she's sure her son was where she told me. She had been trying to call him and the daughter in-law while I had spent about an hour getting bumped into. I was about ready to tell her that I would be back in the morning and thought I'd expand the search area since I couldn't imagine anyone standing in between these 2 blow up castles and getting knocked into. Spent another 30 minutes looking and as I was about to call it a day and wading out of the water I got that signal. Up comes the white gold plain band that she described. I walk up to where she's sitting and she says... "Tell me you found it." I said I found it. She was so excited she was almost in tears. Long story longer. I met the mom, the dad, the friend, the 2 sisters, the wife and child but not the guy who lost the ring. He was golfing. Got a nice reward and they were nice enough to send me a picture of the 14K white gold band.

Thanks for looking and good luck out there!

Attachments

• IMG_0692.JPG
    IMG_0692.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 453
  • Retruned.jpg
    Retruned.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 444

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I

inoc

What an awesome story and you truly made someone very happy

Congrats on both finds most especially the keeper bands

Looks really cool how they can seperate

Awesome....!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice. Had to make you feel really good.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Return And A Little Spinner in Change!!

We have found several Spinners By Not In Gold Mostly in Silver!!! HH Chug

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man what a hunt find and return. I thought you were going to do battle with those blow up floating castles!! That was a great story and I am voting honorable mention. Way to conquer!
HH
TnMtns

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Widows-Worry Ring

Yesterday I was out and about and signals were far and few between. I finally got a signal and saw a yellow circle in the bottom of the scoop. Turned out to be an 18K spinner ring @ 9 grams. The guy who wore it must have had a lot of stress because this thing is really worn out. I'm surprised that the 2 rings had not separated. Then I found a quarter and moved onto another spot.

THE RETURN: As I was approaching the waters edge a fellow asked if I had found anything and I replied no. He said his buddy had lost his ring "yesterday" while taking it off his finger to put it on the chain around his neck. I asked where he was at and he pointed to an area. Then I asked for a description and he said "Oh I don't know what it looks like but he does". He says he'll try to call him. I say okay and into the water I go. As I'm doing my thing I hear a whistle behind me and there is a fellow waving me in. He's standing next to an older woman. I wade up to them and the woman says "My son lost his wedding band yesterday while he was trying to put it on his necklace." I say yes, his friend already told me and I'm looking for it. But she says he wasn't where I was at he was way over there. So I move into the area she directed me. It was getting late into the morning and the beach vendor guy deployed his blow up castle floats for rent into the water. These things are huge and on a loose line floating around and bumping into me. I was getting nothing but frustrated and so I go back up to mom and ask her if she's sure her son was where she told me. She had been trying to call him and the daughter in-law while I had spent about an hour getting bumped into. I was about ready to tell her that I would be back in the morning and thought I'd expand the search area since I couldn't imagine anyone standing in between these 2 blow up castles and getting knocked into. Spent another 30 minutes looking and as I was about to call it a day and wading out of the water I got that signal. Up comes the white gold plain band that she described. I walk up to where she's sitting and she says... "Tell me you found it." I said I found it. She was so excited she was almost in tears. Long story longer. I met the mom, the dad, the friend, the 2 sisters, the wife and child but not the guy who lost the ring. He was golfing. Got a nice reward and they were nice enough to send me a picture of the 14K white gold band.

Thanks for looking and good luck out there!

NICE FIND! Those are rare. They were originally called Widows Rings or Worry Rings & Prominent in Irish & Italian Cultures. I have one that is much wider in Sterling with a lot of stamping on it. Mine is Really old & I wear it a lot. It's funny when people see me unconsciously moving it back and forth! I don't even realize I'm doing it. Great Find and I'm Happy You Got It Home!

A Silver Version image.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions