πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION 14K ring found & returned, good deeds paid off with silver!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I had no idea where I wanted to go today so I headed to a new town about 50 miles from home, I was driving around in this historic town and just about every house had me drooling! super old homes, so I see this guy sitting on his front porch, pull in and give my pitch. He says "sure, and as a matter of fact I lost this ring last year that I had forever, so if you don't mind will you look for it for me?" he said it was lost last year so I figured itd be easy, he said likely back yard so a griddin' I went, in no time (10 mins) I found it! it was just below the grass, mustve stepped on it, or ran it over with his mower or something. big CHUNKY 14K ring!:headbang: My first REAL ring!!, IMG_20140527_130552.jpg IMG_20140527_130558.jpg IMG_20140527_130612.jpg I kept my composure and put it in my pocket, and did the rest of the yard, nice size front and back yard produced some killer finds!, a huge bell that broke, a pocket knife, 20 wheats of various years, 2 cool skeleton keys, a dog tag from 2000, a gigantic spoon, a carwash token, some ornate flower thing, another ornate cone shaped object, spoon handles, some weird buckle that's right above the wheats in the picture, a old copper ring, and about 3 bucks in clad, oh yeah and what else :hello2:2 MERCURY DIMES!!:hello2: silvers 20 and 21 on the year!! I also found a couple pieces of reins from a horse or something with leather still attached to it. IMG_20140527_155614.jpg SAM_1026.JPG SAM_1027.JPG SAM_1029.JPG after that It was getting late and I have work tonight so I figured id better head home. I absolutely HAD to toy with this guy a bit. I emptied all my pockets on a table outside and showed him the coins and relics and he was impressed but sad about the ring. So just like the episode of diggers where KG gives the ring back to the owner after showing him everything I did the same thing!, I said "heres everything I found but wait, theres another" and plopped it in his hand, guys if you could've seen his face, his eyes lit up and his wife was ecstatic. Funny getting a hug from a 70 something year old person that I just met! He got a little teary eyed and shook my hand with a $20 bill in it, I said no thank you, I was more than happy to do it! That was an amazing feeling to do that, I read about it, heard others stories about doing it, but to actually get a chance to do it is indescribable, I just wish I got a picture or video of me handing it to him, either way Today was just awesome!!, thanks for looking and HH!!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent work! Nice finds too.

And now, you have a new contact. See if he knows anywhere else to hunt. ;)

WTG!

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way cool, great story, and some really nice finds. Was there much trash?

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent work! Nice finds too.

And now, you have a new contact. See if he knows anywhere else to hunt. ;)

WTG!
Thanks!, yeah just an awesome feeling to do that for someone!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way cool, great story, and some really nice finds. Was there much trash?

yeah, I never take pics of my trash though, I suppose I should to put it all in perspective

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, your a good person for giving that ring back that's what part of this hobby is all about..nice job buddy..

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, your a good person for giving that ring back that's what part of this hobby is all about..nice job buddy..

thanks! that means a lot. Even he said "ya know not many people would've done that", it was actually a pretty easy decision. All part of this whole "adulthood" thing I suppose. lol

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best posts I've read today. I hope one day I'll have the opportunity to do the same as you.

1emeraldlady

Jul 26, 2013
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:hello2: Way to go!! You just earned valuable points from the treasure hunting gods!! Remember it is all Good Karma!!! Proud of you!:thumbsup:

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job bud! Great to see people that do the right thing and looks like you got plenty of great finds. Smiles all around! :thumbsup:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, buddy! It really is an awesome feeling, isn't it? Nothing like the beaming smile you get when they first see it and realize it's really been returned. I am glad it's made you happy!:icon_thumright:

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just gave him a story he will tell over and over for the rest of his life. You made the rest of us look good too!

THANKS!

It does feel good to give it back, doesn't it?

RJGMC
HI BOB!

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible integrity, and you are right, it did pay off. Congratulations on all the finds and thanks for being a good person!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Next time you go back, ask if you could get a pic with him and the ring. You deserve the honorable mention:notworthy:

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
You may say it is part of an adult thing. It's not. It's part of being a good person and the world needs more people like you in it. Way to go! A great rep for the Hobby. William H
HH

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments guys, this was one of my best experiences in this hobby so far!
Next time you go back, ask if you could get a pic with him and the ring. You deserve the honorable mention:notworthy:
i thought about that after i left, ehh oh well i if i dont get honerable mention, i know it happened lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread