mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last Friday afternoon I was looking at the Lost and Found section on Craigs List and saw that a guy lost a platinum wedding band in the parking lot near the polo field in Golden Gate Park. Usually I will contact the owner before I search but it was getting late on Friday and by Saturday that parking lot would be filled with cars. To keep it brief, after about an hour of searching I found the ring. I returned it on Tuesday and the owner gave me a $200 reward! We talked for a while and he said he had received some interesting emails from people responding to his original Craigs List ad, including another guy who said he found the ring!

7.45 grams of 950 platinum! Rang up on my Minelab Explorer SE as nearly identical to a nickel.
return.jpg

ring.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome,:headbang:

That is one valuable ring, a $200 reward is just. :coins: Not sure if I should give you Honorable Mention vote or Banner vote. :dontknow: Maybe both. 8-)

Keep @ It and HH !! :hello2:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great return Larry ! That guy looks very happy :thumbsup:
Glen

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This hobby surely gets a lot of bad publicity but there is real honor among the members of this rag tag band of metal detecting brothers. Very nice recovery and return.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Last Friday afternoon I was looking at the Lost and Found section on Craigs List and saw that a guy lost a platinum wedding band in the parking lot near the polo field in Golden Gate Park. Usually I will contact the owner before I search but it was getting late on Friday and by Saturday that parking lot would be filled with cars. To keep it brief, after about an hour of searching I found the ring. I returned it on Tuesday and the owner gave me a $200 reward! We talked for a while and he said he had received some interesting emails from people responding to his original Craigs List ad, including another guy who said he found the ring!

7.45 grams of 950 platinum! Rang up on my Minelab Explorer SE as nearly identical to a nickel.
View attachment 1002997

View attachment 1002998

a big + 1 to you..........you are great!......yep really great

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice ring find and return.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread