🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Friday the 13th find and return

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I went to Bling Bling beach yesterday and as soon as I got on the wet sand a lady came up to me asking for help....apparently her daughter had just got engaged and went in the water and yes.....lost her new engagement ring. She was asking for my help and was devastated ....her fiancé an air force guy was so polite, I went out in the bad surf and got beat up by the waves..... I talked to them in detail to ensure it was lost in the water, they gave a very good details as to where and when and I was able to triangulate from some landmarks, gave them my phone number and email address and told them I would try later at low tide since the ring should then be in the wet sand and not underwater anymore.... A few hours later, I came back and found it right where I thought it would be and it only took 5 minutes to find it.
When I got back to the car, I had missed two phone calls, had two phone messages, a text message and an email from Vincent....can't begin to say how many times he said sir and thank you for looking for the ring....etc.....one very polite young man!
Well, I called and talked to him and asked for a better description of the ring, color of the gold and karat of the gold setting.....he started like he was reading off a script.....and I interrupted him saying enough enough......Tell Stephanie that she can sleep tonight, I found the ring...... I can't remember the last time I heard thank you so many times.....all that on Friday the 13th too...
I asked if they could trust me to hold the ring overnight, I wanted to get some pictures of this ring and wanted to get pictures when I returned it to him and Stephanie, he agreed. So this morning, I went to their place (3 miles from my house) and return the ring, Stephanie was all smiles.
Link to the ring at jewelry site: http://www.since1910.com/tacori-2620...1_m_5566_s_3.5
The ring is 18k with a round cut stone in a setting that makes it look square. The center stone is 1.5 carats with 56 small stones (.26 carat weight) around and on the setting....size 5.5, best diamond ring I've found.
HH and GL everyone
Cliff

Attachments

• Return1.jpg
    Return1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Return2.jpg
    Return2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Return3.jpg
    Return3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 209

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I call paying it forward. You will be rewarded for your good deed. WTG.

ROCKYREDBARON

HH to all

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only did you get them the ring back, you gave them a story they will tell forever.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very awesome story. Way to generate some positive karma and be a good human!

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
A job well done! And thank you for your service.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
That's a beautiful story, Cliff...and the ring is gorgeous!!

Congrats on the recovery and return...how lucky can you get!

Lorraine

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stephanie's smile says it all! Pretty ring, pretty girl and pretty smile! Priceless Moment!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and great return of an awesome ring...congrats.

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Thanks all, overall it was a great experience, two great young adults there, I was glad I could help them out. To be honest, if they hadn't been so precise as to where it was lost, it would have taken more time and effort so most of the kudos need to be directed to them having enough sense to pinpoint the location of the loss in such a small area.
Cliff

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on ya :) Some treasures are worth more than the bling one digs up.
Keep swing'n.

tebb23

Greenie
May 31, 2014
Va Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics EuroTek Pro

Arrived and has been used. Found a 1910 penny and a bunch of junk in my first hour.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, overall it was a great experience, two great young adults there, I was glad I could help them out. To be honest, if they hadn't been so precise as to where it was lost, it would have taken more time and effort so most of the kudos need to be directed to them having enough sense to pinpoint the location of the loss in such a small area.
Cliff

I disagree, your being way to humble. You went above and beyond and showed great honor and honesty in finding and returning that ring. Excellent job and great post.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YIKES! You just saved what could of been the beginning on the end of a very happy life! Very well done Cliff! You deserve this HONOR! :occasion14:

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were lucky you were on the scene! It's a good ring and you have a good soul.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread