🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Heirloom Diamond Earring Recovered !

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I was detecting and someone came up to me and told me about a woman over on the golf course that had lost a Heirloom Diamond Earring. And the lady over there in the red shirt inspecting the ground about 75 yards away was her, would I go help her? You bet, finding lost items is one of my favorite things to do! On arrival I noted a detector on the ground and the lady and guy were both ground inspecting hoping to eyeball the lost earring. There was a problem with the retrieval because the earing was so small. Neither the Minelab Explorer with small coil or my E-Trac with small coil could detect her second earing! I eyeball searched for a while and finally mentioned that back home I had a gold nugget hunting machine and it was supposed to find very small amounts of metal. So I went and got my Whites Goldmaster/Vsat and brought it back and tried it out on the second earing. The Goldmaster picked up the stud earing all-right it wasn't a blasting signal but was clearly a response. So then took the machine over to where she believed the loss occurred and within the first sweep the detector sounded off. I continued sweeping a bit and no more responses sounded and so began to feel a bit more confident that the signal was real. Meanwhile the other guy dug through the grass where the signal was and saw the earring! After hours of eyeball hunting by several people all it took was the right detector to find the earring within five minutes, we all whooped it up for a while then! Everyone was happy and relieved that the precious earring was found!

6_17_2014 diamond stud earing recovery.jpg 6_17_2014 happy returns.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my ramblings !

Last edited by a moderator:

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What the heck is she doing wearing heirloom quality earrings while out playing golf?.....LOL You did good finding it for her! Good job.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The lady knew pretty close to where it fell off at because it hit her on the shoulder. But it was yesterday that happened and the course had been mowed since then, lucky for us that they are not mowing the roughs to low !

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a tiny thing to find - top notch detecting!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those tiny stud earrings are tough to find. Good Job!

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your guys are right there was very little metal present both the Minelab pinpointer and the Garret ProPointer could not sound off on her second earing !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread