πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION First Return!

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been detecting the beach these past couple nights and last night one lady asked if id found anything and i told her how i had just found the second of a matching pair of ear rings. Well this morning i decided to go out since it was overcast and wouldn't need sunscreen. As i was walking to the boardwalk the same lady stopped me and asked if i'd found a sterling toe ring. I responded with no but if you could show me where it was lost i could probably find it. She called over the relative who had lost the ring and she showed me the location. I spent about 15 minutes working a 25' x 25' area where their tent was but to no avail. I then started gridding out the area to the garbage can which she said was the most likely place to find it. Within a minute i found it! I quickly went back up the boardwalk to where she and another relative were talking and gave it to her. She was beyond thrilled! Within minutes i think all the relatives knew of my accomplishment. Her sister had given the ring to her 13-14 years ago and was actually arriving today from the airport! She then asked if she could tip me to which i responded "If you want to." She happily said "yes i do! Wait here!" She came back a couple minutes later with two $5 bills!

Last edited:

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very good for hobby! wtg! :)

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
very good for hobby! wtg! :)

Thanks! I've also been using it to promote the hobby. When people asked me today if id found anything i told them that i found a sterling toe ring and returned it to the owner and they've all thought it was just awesome! :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Awesome! Great job! Thanks for the positive spotlight on the hobby!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome return, the tip was up to her and she was very happy to give what she gave.... double reward, the smiles of thanks and a little cash for your trouble

OP
OP
G

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys :)

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done DB! A couple of fins and everybody happy happy! Doesn't get much better than that!

The ring didn't put up much of a donnybrook for ya...:laughing7:

T

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800