🏆 HONORABLE MENTION G.C.R. SURPRISE =D n silver n clad, great hunt !!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to an area today that I had not hunted for a good while, had a feeling in my gut that there was something good there still even though in the past supposedly it was cleaned out ! I found a few clad coins and numerous pieces of aluminum can bits and dug a clad quarter rechecked and dig and signal was still present dug some more and got the 46 Roosevelt, my silver for the day! Little did I know that shortly thereafter that find would get blown out of the water by a surprise finding. Had a midrange pull-tab signal that seemed different somehow, turned off my discrimination masking and listened to how it sounded rather smooth and musical , it occurred to me that this was maybe a good ring and digging was the best action to take four digs or so later by my screwdriver and a golden oval popped out of the sandy soil !!! It was one of those OMG moments for sure!! Put the ring away in my keepers rubber pouch, and was feeling shook up because a mid-tab signal was a Golden Class-ring my next 1000 signals like that will most likely be junk lol !!! Dug a few signals more aluminum bits and decided to head out for the library to check some High school class-books out. Found a match for the first and last initials but was not sure of the middle one, did some talking to people who graduated near that year who knew of the person and got her new last name, called her up but sadly her middle initial was different. The person with the initials somehow did not get pictured in the class-book maybe they moved away during their junior year. Anyways am still hoping for a happy return. My new contact offered to help out and call some other classmates that do the class reunion work.

7_28_2014 dirty GCR.jpg 7_28_2014 GCR silver day.jpg 7_29_2014 happy GCR return.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and may all your hunts be great !

Last edited by a moderator:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I totally agree with the "different"signal,I have yet to put my finger on it,when I do,you know the rest of the story!!!:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cool, congrats and good luck on the return

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: the return story !

Good news I went back to the library again to check on yearbooks again and found the other girls that had the same initials first and last. I had overlooked two others that were much further up the page. Lo and behold one of them was holding her ring up (just like she was showing it to me) and while I could not make out the stones color it sure looked like there was a very good chance it was the same ring !!! Had a friend who got onto face-book and put the word out to a relative of the lady that the ring might have been found. It turns out that the lady had died in a tragic train car collision, and that the daughter had been the possessor of the ring and that it had disappeared 7 years ago, she believes it was thievery. Lucky for her the thief lost it and then a metal detecting guy like me found it later who was interested in returning the ring !!! :hello2::hello2::hello2: She told me that Just two days ago she had made a trip to the jeweler because she was missing it badly and was thinking of replacing it ! Talk about good timing :goldmedalred:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just super !!! Congrats on the return ! It's always is great when you find something and able to get it back to the owner ! :thumbsup: Honorable Mention for sure !
Glen

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread