🏆 HONORABLE MENTION Found a ring, then found the one who lost it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I few nights ago when it was pretty warm and humid, I decided to head down to the beach to cool off and do some detecting. I was finding the normal change and jetsam typical for the beach, when on one signal, out popped a ring. Being dark at this point and me without my glasses, I had to wait until I got home to see what I actually found. When I got home and everything cleaned up, I inspected the ring and found the stainless band had a name engraved inside. Not a common name, so, I figured it was worth a try to find the guy who lost it. After a bit of internet search with Guillermo's full name along with our city, I found a couple of good possibilities. The first contact was a woman that said she had a relative with that name. I asked her to please have him call me if he had lost a ring. A while later, an excited Guillermo called and his description matched what I had found. He knew he had lost the ring a few days before but was uncertain as to when or where, so, he had no way of knowing where to search for it. His girlfriend had given him the ring so it had lots of sentimental value to it. We arranged to meet later that day. Here's a photo of the ring and a happy Guillermo.

Attachments

• 100_1241.jpg
    100_1241.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_1242.jpg
    100_1242.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 267
Last edited by a moderator:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool of you to go that extra mile to make someone happy.That has to be a hard hunt in itself I would imagine.

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really like the returns !!! It just gives a more positive image of all of us MDers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions