Helping A College Student... Just Because?!

Will you show kindness to these guys (Kas & TonyinCT) when you come across them on T-Net???

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A huge thanks to both Kas (Ken) and TonyinCT (Tony - www.tcmetaldetectors.com) for providing my first metal detector to me. I've never had one before because I've been in college and have alot of bills and not alot of money. When Ken found out, he put down $50. of his own money, then posted a thread in the Wanted section asking for other T-Net members to help him gather up enough money to get me a detector of my own. After several moving offers, Ken got together with Tony and within a day or two had a brand new detector mailed out to me!!? I haven't received it yet, though I will be posting up pictures of it when it gets here... then more when I start getting finds!
I just want to say, everyone on T-Net has always been nice and helpful over the years... but this is the most kindness I've ever seen on or off of T-Net in my life!!! I'm so excited and cannot say how greatful I am to both of these awesome guys! I just thought that this would be the best topic to post this thread. I hope you all will honor both of these guys when you come across them in the forums... they are definitely worthy of it!
Thanks again guys... I won't forget your kindness to me!!!

Bran <><

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ya just love this place! :-* What a generous bunch we have here! I wish you lots of fun and finds with your new detector Bran! Will look forward to seeing your finds! :)

Very nice gesture Ken and Tony!

Nana :)

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's the first I've heard of that act of kindness. Congrats to you and thanks to all who helped purchase the new detector... This forum is the best!

DANGLANGLEY

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ken and Tony rock!!! What a fantastic gesture on their part.
Have fun with your new detector, and remember........we want pictures. ;)
-MM-

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High Five to Ken and Tony!! Bran, I'm looking forward to posts & pics of your finds. Good luck and happy hunting.

;) RR

Attachments

• highfive.jpg
    highfive.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 797
  • highfive.jpg
    highfive.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 801

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I cant wait to see what you find with that new detector. You have always been so kind and helpful to so many people here at Tnet and you really deserve to have a detector .

Kas and Tony are really generous in helping you and many congratulations to them for being Top Shelf gentlemen.

Happy Hunting!

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my pleasure to know you're happy.

You hanging out here Bran, doing the research and trying to be one of the gang, and not having a detector.... That had to kill you with the passion you have for this hobby.

It broke my heart.

You're worthy of the gift. I was proud, along with Tony, to make it happen.

The detector should be arriving early next week.

No skippin' class to go huntin'. Promise me.

HH
Ken

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done guys, and a big thankyou to you..... I was in a similar position in that to get a detector in South Africa costs an arm and a leg due to exchange rates...... I cannot say who, but one was sent to me from the USA along with headphones...... Most of you have been seeing my finds with it.

You guys Rock

God bless
Peter

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kas said:
No skippin' class to go huntin'. Promise me.

HH
Ken

Ken,
Yes, it did kill me... but honestly, being able to come on T-Net and see everyone else's finds and read their stories made me passionate in my reading & research in my free time. So I was never really discouraged or disappointed. I could easily go on for years without a detector as long as I'm able to visit T-Net every day! ;D And as for your quote up above, how did you read my MIND?!!! lol I promise I won't though, unless I've got some extra absences at the end of the semester. *grin* Actually, I'll be locked up for a week, come Wednesday, in a place called BioKinetic Clinical Studies... so since I won't be able to go to classes, work, or even go outside... I'll have plenty of time to read that manual. And since I have my laptop and they have Wi-Fi, I'll be online and on here researching more places to go to. So far I've found 5 closed drive-in theaters just here in Springfield!! Unfortunately I only have 6 more weeks of classes left until I go back down to Florida for the Summer. So I'm gonna have to detect up here every chance I get. Then I've got some places back home I've been researching and a guy from T-Net that I'll be able to join up with for the Summer. Thanks again!

Bran <><

zlathim

Mar 8, 2007
Boise, ID
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Wow- This place and the people here ROCK!!!!

Ken and Tony and everyone else who helped out deserve a round of applause!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent gesture of kindness. Tony has always helped people out, and any business that concerns itself with satisfaction above profit, needs to be rewarded with support. My hat is off to you too, Kas. A good heart is a priceless commodity.

Good luck in your new adventure, Bran.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread