Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spotted it on the side of the road on my way to work . When I got home I looked him up in the phone book - nothing . I tried Facebook , and it was him ! but he hadn't posted on there since May ...... so I googled his name and somthing came up that he worked at Metcalf's Sub Shop . I called them , they said he no longer worked there , but they said his parents owned Windy Hill Photography , so I called there and left a message . He called right back ,and I just got back from meeting him in town . He was real happy - He's leaving for Providence College tomorrow morning .

Attachments

• pitcher.jpg
    pitcher.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 348

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14:i'd say that deserves honorable mention good job making us all look good:headbang:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going, it's always good karma to return property when you can :icon_thumright:

Unfortunately, I recognize that $5 bill and think it may have been mine, so can you please remit it to me :tongue3: :laughing7:

darthoblio

Jun 19, 2010
Reminds me of a story....many years ago I attended a rodeo on a small ranch. There were no bleachers, everyone was sitting on the metal corral fence. At one point the guy next to me poked me in the ribs and said, "Izzat yours?" He pointed at the ground and there was a wallet at my feet. It wasn't mine, so I poked the guy next to me and asked him. This went back and forth a bit until someone climbed down and got the wallet. It had five $100 bills in it....and nothing else. This was about 1973, so it was quite a bit of money. I don't think they ever did figure out who it belonged to...

Luckystiff

May 28, 2013
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75,Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my wife found a wallet in the road one day next to a grocery store,she must have left it on top of the car,so we found her drivers lic and dropped it of at her house there was around $300 and credit cards

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice going, it's always good karma to return property when you can :icon_thumright:

Unfortunately, I recognize that $5 bill and think it may have been mine, so can you please remit it to me :tongue3: :laughing7:

Ok, What did it look like, Did it have a president on it?? lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These are my favorite finds, was able to return a wallet with $ 600 dollars in it. He was happy, but said โ€œwhy didnโ€™t you take the cashโ€? I told him it defeats the purpose of returning the wallet.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery, research and return! You helped turn a major personal crisis into a happy ending story! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread