Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Wallet found and returned

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2014
    Wherever I am.
    Tesoro Eldorado, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excal II, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Human eyes
    1579 times
    GOLD - PLATINUM - SILVER
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Wallet found and returned

My wife and I were recently driving home from a yard sale and being the "prospector" I am, my eyes are always on the ground. As we approach a round about I notice something on the shoulder of the road and pull the car over. It's exactly what I thought.... a wallet. It was laying open and some of the bills were sticking out. We sat there pulled over and examined the contents...a whole bunch of cash, drivers license, debit card and a convicted criminal type identification card.

Not wanting to just drop this thing in the mail, my wife and I spent hours trying to find out how to contact this individual online and fell short. Back to perusing the wallet, I found a business card for the sheriff's department and what I presume to be this person's probation officer. So I contacted the probation officer and he felt it in my best interest not to meet with this person.....apparently this individual has quite the rap sheet. So I thought it best to deliver the wallet to the officer which I did along with a little note.

Take care, happy hunting and Merry Christmas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141219_094132.326.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	1094944  
    There is something truly exhilarating about digging an item of remarkable value out of the ground.

us
    Unveiler of "Soiled" Secrets...

Jan 2012
    Southwest Missouri
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
    5861 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Awesome, lets all hope that your good deed will be passed on by the owner. I nominate for Honorable Mention. Sub
    TheDetectorist likes this.
    I know LEO and Fire badges...I know toy soldiers...I am learning about everything else from you!

Confuse-Us Say: "Man wearing steel toed boots should not metal detect."

What "unearth" are you doing out there?

us
    Oct 2014
    florida
    3202 times
    the world needs more people like you
    miboje likes this.

us
    Oct 2006
    Millbrook, AL
    MXT
    6 times
    Great job!
    It's easier to resist at the beginning than at the end.
    - Leonardo da Vinci

us
    Nov 2012
    Cincinnati Ohio
    White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
    1922 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Very nice return TUP! That's a stack of cash there and only a handful of people that would do the same. Maybe you will get the gears rolling in the convicts mind. You will be rewarded for you efforts some day.

us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    4061 times
    hopefully, he'll take your words to heart and change himself for the better. unfortunately, my first thought was that he'll probably use the note for a rolling paper

us
    Oct 2014
    Wherever I am.
    Tesoro Eldorado, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excal II, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Human eyes
    1579 times
    GOLD - PLATINUM - SILVER
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Thanks for the kind words but I am pretty sure you all would have done the same thing.
    There is something truly exhilarating about digging an item of remarkable value out of the ground.

us
    Oct 2011
    S E Virginia
    170 times
    Good Deed !
    Im thinking this guy don't even want to know why his probation officer is calling him and ain't even thinkin' about calling him back till after the 25th.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox
    7615 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    congrats on both the find and the return, it is a great feeling
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Jan 2014
    Newton, NC
    XP Deus
    1992 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm picturing the probation officer and his wife at a fancy restaurant sipping on a glass of Dom Perignon toasting the chap who's wallet you found. But the fact that you did everything in your power to return it is commendable.

us
    Oct 2014
    Wherever I am.
    1579 times
    GOLD - PLATINUM - SILVER
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by beez0404 View Post
    I'm picturing the probation officer and his wife at a fancy restaurant sipping on a glass of Dom Perignon toasting the chap who's wallet you found. But the fact that you did everything in your power to return it is commendable.
    My father actually said about the same thing. But what do ya do? The way I see it, it is up to the officer to do the right thing now. Another thing that crossed my mind is whether the money in the wallet was stolen and/or should the money be given to the people that he stole from....if he was convicted of burglary (which i am pretty sure was at least one of his offenses). But I quickly decided that these matters are not for me to decide. Thanks for chiming in and have a Merry Christmas.

au
    Jun 2013
    Dundee Northern Australia
    Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
    270 times
    Kudos to you T.U.P , I'm sure your good deed will be noted and rewarded ..Xmas cheers Mick

us
    Oct 2014
    Wherever I am.
    1579 times
    GOLD - PLATINUM - SILVER
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of 1 View Post
    Kudos to you T.U.P , I'm sure your good deed will be noted and rewarded ..Xmas cheers Mick
    Thank you.

us
    Tony

May 2013
    City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
    Minelab explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
    5569 times
    Man thats a lot of cash, but you did a good thing...

us
    Darrin

May 2013
    Minnesota
    Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
    1918 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Great return and great note - I once found a backpack containing political rhetoric and book containing signatures for a cause I do not believe in, the person was canvasing neighborhoods trying to get signatures to promote this agenda against my beliefs. I still returned the backpack as it is not mine, tough decision though. Good vs. Evil type of issues........
    Trying to find the lost ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links