πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Carolyn Gets Her High School Ring Back After Loosing it 54 Years Ago!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was water hunting at a northern California lake in waist deep water and found a 14K gold high school class ring from the class of 1960. It had initials inside the ring so I decided to try and find the owner. The ring was from Mercy High School in San Francisco. It took me only two days to find the owner! I called Mercy High School yesterday, I told them the initials that were in the ring. They were able to look up the three initials in a year book and zeroed in on the right person! What are the odds of the lady that lost the ring lives only 17 miles from my house! I presented the ring to Carolyn today. To say she was excited would be an understatement! She lost it 54 years ago! After 54 years Carolyn gets her high school ring back! In the summer of 1960 she was 17 years old and was playing in the water at Clear Lake in California. While throwing a ball she saw her ring fly off her finger! That was the last time she saw it until tonight! She was amazed on how good the condition of the ring was after lying in 4 feet deep water for all those years. Carolyn lost the ring only a few weeks after graduating from Mercy High School in San Francisco. She was extremely excited to get her ring back! I think I made her day!

Attachments

• class rings 004.JPG
    class rings 004.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 229
  • class rings 005.JPG
    class rings 005.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 229
  • class rings 006.JPG
    class rings 006.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 215
  • ring returned! 001.JPG
    ring returned! 001.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 244

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story! Very good job! She must have been delighted! You should get 'Honorable Mention' for this. Just send post to Jeff of pa!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Story !

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hat is off to you brother!!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story! Fantastic recovery/return!

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet you were almost as excited as she was. I know that feeling. Nicely done!:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread