Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We met at the local high school at 1:00, she was all smiles as she walked up. it amazes me when someone starts bubbling with excitement at the return of something precious. Tonia kept thanking me and saying how she still couldn't believe it. I always think of the movie Scrooged when the taxi driver speaks of "Niagra Falls!" and she was no exception as the happy tears flowed. that was the bright side... the not so bright side, tripping and slamming into the concrete. managed to bruise the chest, jam fingers, scrape the knuckles. tear my jeans just below my left(the good leg) knee cap and leave a bloody huge knot. it's over 70 out there and I feel like I have been run over by a truck. can not let anything touch the left knee so no digging even if I wanted to. the Seiko watch is ruined but no broken bones and the glasses are fine. The return was awesome. View attachment 1111857

the Find
[h=1]1st RING OF 2015 AND IT'S A BEAUTIFUL GOLD WOMAN'S CLASS RING![/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Just rewards? No good deed goes unpunished? :dontknow:

Glad to hear and sad to hear!

Get better soon!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wounds well earned

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tend to fall a lot, lame right leg and foot, just got in a hurry (for me) and hung my toe on the broken edge of the concrete, was down before I knew it and it was hard to get back up...but I was able and for this I am thankful

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry that had to happen. Good that nothing is broken. And, so nice to return her ring. I would Love to do something like that. Hope you feel better soon.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job buddy! Heal quickly my friend

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems ironic that you get hurt doing a good deed, it shouldn't be that way. Great story none the less and hope you heal up soon!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job on the Find and return....And hope all mends well so you can collect that Karma!! Be Safe...

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exceptionally nice finding and returning the cherished class ring. Does T-Net offer any type of purple heart award?

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's people like you, who make people like me, glad there are good people like you, out there. My guess, you would do it again, even with your fall, if you had it to do all over again. Heal quickly.
HH everyone

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
01.jpg

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:hello2: Superb return & Superb photo of two happy people! I also fall a lot, usually when I'm feeling extra happy so start bounding fast, hit something and -- splat! Broken glasses, stitches in check, whole nine yards. So now when I'm extra happy, I force myself to walk slowly. Heal well, then have fun detecting again! Andi

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is awesome!!! Returning a lost ring will always be a high point in your detecting career. My wife returned a high school ring two years ago. The young man was a 6' 5" linebacker, but when she took his hand and placed his ring in it they both got all teared up. It was a mess:laughing7: Tony

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the return, heal up quickly, I hear detecting is a great way of doing one passive therapy.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the return dirtlooter to bad about your watch heal up bud......:occasion14:

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
had a really sore night last night but knew that I would, the trip and fall has been part of my life for a while, an old motorcycle wreck. it gets really old but all you have to do is to look around and you see that it isn't a problem at all, there are a bunch of people out there that would love to have a problem like me. gotta learn to focus on what you can do and not on what you can't do or you will be miserable. in a couple of days I plan to be back out there, one way or another. Thanks all

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good show on the return DL!

Sorry to hear about the spill. Get better soon. GL&HH.

Fingerlakes119

Aug 16, 2013
Finger Lakes Region Of NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Profind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you heal quick and are able to get back out there. Great job on the return. Always nice to see our hobby in a good light and not always being about personal gain.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the good deed. I am guessing that the woman who got her ring back is extremly happy. Karma is going to come back to you. Also, I hope your knee get well soon.

Honorable Mention.

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had a really sore night last night but knew that I would, the trip and fall has been part of my life for a while, an old motorcycle wreck. it gets really old but all you have to do is to look around and you see that it isn't a problem at all, there are a bunch of people out there that would love to have a problem like me. gotta learn to focus on what you can do and not on what you can't do or you will be miserable. in a couple of days I plan to be back out there, one way or another. Thanks all

This happes to me all of the time. It seems that they make concrete harder these days than they used to. But that may just be me. Top off the bad leg with one blind eye (no depth perception) and a natural ability to be ....lets say un-graceful and that is where I am. Anyway I feel for you. I also have a bad right leg and have to push myself every day. Getting up and down for recovering finds has been the best thing that I have found for my leg but it is still very rough going. Hang in there and get back to digging. Oh and awesome job on the return. I am sure that she will remember it long after the bruises are gone.

JimK

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread