Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As of Feb. 11 2015 anywhere in the north east there is a lot of snow this year. Lots of places like Boston is near a 100 year record snowfall. This is my front yard today.

IMG_1434.JPG

So Finding gold is going to be tough...eh ?.

Anyway this particular day I got a call from a girl wanting to "rent" a metal detector, what I usually tell people is "if your not used to it, it's a lot faster/easier, if you come pick me up, I'll find your item for you, and it won't cost you a cent."

So she decided to go with that, and came picked me up.
The ring was lost the day before somewhere between the house, and the sheep barn, or inside the sheep barn. I got two or three signals between the house, and barn, but dug down to ice without seeing anything. Once inside the barn, seeing all the "steel" pens, and hearing the re-bar in the floor I knew this was going to be a big problem, and quite possibly, impossible. I pulled the headphone cord to let her hear what I was hearing, lots of strong signals pretty much everywhere.

At that point I suggested that it might be a good idea to when cleaning the barn next time to put all the "stuff" into a separate pile, and I could check it out at a later date. That all said I did not give up, and continued on, I got a smallish signal, pulled out the pin pointer, and swipped away the sheep poo. And low, and behold I saw "round".

IMG_1431.JPG

It was at this point I took out my camera, and took an insitu pic, and she did the same. After it was picked up, and placed upon a finger did I get a big hug. And as I always hear "I can't believe you found it" Frankly in those conditions, I can hardly believe it myself either, but those are the facts. I got to say I'm as happy to have found the ring as she was to have it back.

Still inside the barn.

IMG_1432.JPG

This was not my first time at the rodeo, in fact I've found rings for people at least three times in the past, but this was my favorite find of this type...I guess because of the dificulty factor.

Thanks S. For letting me help you. (and letting me share the pic.)

Rick in Nova Scotia

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job on that great deed. She is very lucky to find it, most people are not reunited with their lost ring due to the obvious reasons, not know where you dropped it and not being able to see a tiny ring in the grass, so the metal detector really helped. It is really nice of you to come there in the middle of the cold deep snow and locate the ring for someone. Let praise come your way! It is nice that they are some honest people in the world.

Also, I understand you on the snow, I'm in NH and got so much snow there has been around 15 inch on average a week, more some weeks, less others. I assume that you have it worse where you are though. I hope spring comes some!
Coinman123,

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Rick ! The ring is nice , but her fingernail decor is the bomb !!! You may have a new best friend there.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on that great deed. She is very lucky to find it, most people are not reunited with their lost ring due to the obvious reasons, not know where you dropped it and not being able to see a tiny ring in the grass, so the metal detector really helped. It is really nice of you to come there in the middle of the cold deep snow and locate the ring for someone. Let praise come your way! It is nice that they are some honest people in the world.

Also, I understand you on the snow, I'm in NH and got so much snow there has been around 15 inch on average a week, more some weeks, less others. I assume that you have it worse where you are though. I hope spring comes some!
Coinman123,

Thanks coinman, yes sadly I know there are those that "pose" as ring finders only to "pocket" the ring...it's a sad society we live in...sometimes.

I'm sure NH is pretty much on par with the snow levels, and yes, I hope too spring comes soon.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Awesome job Rick!
You found the needle in the haystack for sure, or a ring in s#!?pile!
Talk about degree if difficulty!! You sir, know your machine! Good karma from your kindness will come back to you tenfold!

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Rick ! The ring is nice , but her fingernail decor is the bomb !!! You may have a new best friend there.

Thanks Argentium. The ring is real nice indeed.
IMG_1433.JPG

The nail decor, yes I agree, and a friend...I think so, in fact I already got permission for an old torn down house on her property.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job Rick!
You found the needle in the haystack for sure, or a ring in s#!?pile!
Talk about degree if difficulty!! You sir, know your machine! Good karma from your kindness will come back to you tenfold!

Thanks Mr. Horse.
Ring in a S#?!e is exactly what it was, and as far as karma goes, well I'm hoping to meet her someday too. You know what they say... "what comes around...goes around."

Last edited:

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
N I C E !
You have got to be the only person north of NY to detect anything in two weeks!
Congrats, that would have been a challenge in good conditions.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got some snow gold myself about two weeks ago. Found my buddy's boss wedding ring. Come to find out i knew him and haven't seen him in about ten years. He was pumped too. Makes you feel good inside when you do a good deed. Awesome job.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma baby! Something great is coming your way bud. I found and returned a class ring then found my neighbors wedding band a few days later. The next week....yep you guessed it. My greatest finds ever. Soooooooo just imagine your holy grail and in about oh 8 weeks you'll have it :headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic recovery and return!

Aug 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus W/11" coil and 9" HF coil, Garrett AT Pro W/5x8 coil
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's as Awesome as it comes!!

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job……the snow also is amazing……..and the snow is in large part why I am here……..
Spring is not too far off…..vaya con Dios

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Great save! :occasion16::wav::occasion16:

Priceless photos too, lol -- now you can apply for a side job mucking out stock barns! :laughing7: Andi

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good buddy, what goes around will come around...you'll have a great detecting year now!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recovery on the ring, and all the best at getting a keeper or two when you hit the old house site.

Snow out your way is just too crazy this year, It's going to take awhile before it melts this season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread