Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of weeks ago I was detecting along a creek about a mile into the woods and found this wallet. The contents were soaked and contained drivers license, ss card and other items. No cash but $3 in quarters. The young man lived about a mile from where I parked. He didn't have a clue where he lost it but was happy to have it back. IMG_20150325_061954.jpg

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:icon_thumright: So glad you took the time to find him! :hello2: Even if he'd already gotten replacements, he'd be glad his license & social security card weren't in someone's else's hands. Andi

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: So glad you took the time to find him! :hello2: Even if he'd already gotten replacements, he'd be glad his license & social security card weren't in someone's else's hands. Andi

Kinda funny the boy was in his early 20's and both he and his dad came outside. When I said where it was found the dad asked him what he was doing way down by the creek. He said him and a buddy went there together. As I was leaving I heard the boy saying I told you dad it wasn't in my room. I just smiled on that one as I walked back to my car.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hopefully doing the right thing will come back around to you... maybe in silver coins! GL&HH!

Coinhawk

Feb 11, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work! Anytime someone tries to say our hobby is nothing but a nuisance, I think of stories like this, I think of how much trash to treasure ratio we haul out on every hunt, and how hard we try to leave the land the way we found it (minus a buried coin or two).

Good Hunting,
Coinhawk

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are the stories I love hearing, Great job on the return!!

Karma will find you. I found and returned a purse last year. The lady gave the boy and I full access to detect her 1850 bed and breakfast property, 8 acres. We found a ton of CW lead and other relics along with a little silver and other goodies.
One of the silvers was a silver Reale...still finding bullets here and there at this site.

Chrisc65

Mar 15, 2015
Suquamish, WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow... So nice to hear about returns :) good job and HH. By the way, I thought it was funny, my first name and middle initial is Christopher D

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kudos for your honesty. I lost a wallet at work,for sure, with $40 in it and never saw it again. Guys that I worked with for years. I lost another on the street with $1 in it and found it in my mail box with $1 still in it. It's the cards that hurt the worst, except for not trusting the people that you work with.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy:

I wish someone had done that for my Dad the other day. I've returned a few in my time!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes having to cancel credit cards and going to the DMV and SS office and waiting in line is not my idea of a good time. And if you'll steal a dime you'll steal a dollar.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Job, I always like to hear about good deeds. I nominate for "Honorable Mention"

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent find/return!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on being able to return it! I bet who ever lost it was very happy to see it again, I know how big of a hassle it is to get all new cards and driver's licence after losing it. I remember how good it felt when I returned the wallet I found last year, also, the month after returning the wallet was the best month of metal detecting that I ever had, could that be karma?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread