waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in January I found a men's 10K wedding band at a local park. I hadn't had any luck finding the owner and figured it was mine. Then today for some reason I went to this park at the end of my hunting day instead of the beginning.

Hadn't been there long when a young man and his some came to the park. He asked if I had found a gold wedding ring there. I asked him where he lost it and what it looked like. He described it perfectly and knew he had lost it in the same area where I found it. I told him I had his ring and we made arrangement for me to bring it to his work place later on.

We had snow on the ground then and he told me he was playing in the snow with his son when the ring slipped off. He knew he had lost it but couldn't find it. It was also apparent that he was visually impaired so that not doubt hindered his search.

I took the ring to him about 4PM today and he was very excited to have it back. I have attached a picture I took back in January.

Attachments

• gold ring 1-30.JPG
    gold ring 1-30.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 833
  • gold ring 1-30.JPG
    gold ring 1-30.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 815

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That's nice that he got his ring back

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT DEED there Seeker. I'm sure he was quite excited to get it back. That's the "warm fuzzie" part of detecting.

HH

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I am sure the ring ment the world to that gentleman. Good deeds are always rewarded.

Like the paper clip idea, will hav to borrow that next time I post a ring find.

Thanks for the idea.

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
You're a good person, it's the little things that make a difference in this world.
Well Done

Good luck with your next ring. ;)

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
;D Kudos, Kudos, Kudos to you ;D

My thought has always been little things can make a big difference. . & that is what you have done. . made a BIG difference! ;D Most excellent & outstanding! Bravo!

Bogart :D

Dunky

Feb 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter LandStar
What a nice thing you did! I guess it's a good idea to hang on to your golden finds and not sell them too quickly, just in case.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, always a thrill to help out! HH, Mike

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What goes around comes around someone once said. You have a lot of good hunts coming for that good deed. Inspiring and excellent! Monty

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Yes very good deed, did this guy offer you a reward? Just wondering, I am the type of person that if someone found something valuable of mine I would offer a reward or a gift certificate. Also when returning the ring did you get a picture? As far as taking the reward if one was offered that is an individual choice, I probably in this case would not.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very good deed you did ! hope you are repaid in very goodluck on your future hunts,

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now that is fate! The karma gods are smiling upon you. What a wonderful story

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread