๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Hunting Nickels Has A Benefit...Gold!

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt OD!! That is a nice ring. WTG, Q.

Thanks Mr. Q. It isn't one of your wonderful CW relics, but beats clad or a pull tab lol! Thanks!

Tell you what, I'll send you one of my dug war nickels, you send me that ring. Everybody wins haha?

Lol, JC. Uhm...let me think...hum, NO! Lol. Half the fun is the search, right? Thanks for the offer though!

***Update***

I met the gentleman tonight and am pleased to tell all that the ring is back in it's right place. The fellow was very grateful and happy. He kept trying to give me money, but I told him all I wanted was a handshake. He said his mother had bought the ring for him..sort of makes it even better returning it to him just before Mother's Day!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430955611.464042.jpg

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***Update***

I met the gentleman tonight and am pleased to tell all that the ring is back in it's right place. The fellow was very grateful and happy. He kept trying to give me money, but I told him all I wanted was a handshake. He said his mother had bought the ring for him..sort of makes it even better returning it to him just before Mother's Day!
View attachment 1157916

Now that's what it's all about!, heck of a job tracking him down!

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job! Guess it was more than just a class ring. [emoji122]๐Ÿป[emoji122]๐Ÿป[emoji122]๐Ÿป[emoji482]

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's what it's all about!, heck of a job tracking him down!

Thanks Chris. His old girl friend that " lost " his ring used to live in the house where we were hunting and her grandmother lived in that old house on the corner that is for sale. He showed me the young lady's window she used to climb out to meet him, lol!

Awesome job! Guess it was more than just a class ring. [emoji122]๐Ÿป[emoji122]๐Ÿป[emoji122]๐Ÿป[emoji482]

Yeah, I think so Will. I don't know if his mom is still with us, but I know he was grateful. Who knows...maybe I will find a jar full of war nicks now, lol.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Chris. His old girl friend that " lost " his ring used to live in the house where we were hunting and her grandmother lived in that old house on the corner that is for sale. He showed me the young lady's window she used to climb out to meet him, lol!

Yeah, I think so Will. I don't know if his mom is still with us, but I know he was grateful. Who knows...maybe I will find a jar full of war nicks now, lol.

That's awesome, karma pays forward!

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find and return!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your find Dave and on being able to return it to it's original owner! :occasion14:

The 'Honorable Mention' is well deserved my friend! :notworthy:

Dave

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic hunt! Congratulations on the gold.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Iโ€™ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, Whiteโ€™s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, Whiteโ€™s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny, you mention that his girlfriend lost it many years ago and I thought it was like perhaps ten years until I saw the date on the ring and than further scrolled and saw the gentleman. His girlfriend lost it many, many years ago more like it, unless perhaps he is still dating all those years.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find and return!
Thank you very much!

Congrats on your find Dave and on being able to return it to it's original owner! :occasion14:

The 'Honorable Mention' is well deserved my friend! :notworthy:

Dave
Thanks very much Dave. It felt very good to hand that one back to him.

Fantastic hunt! Congratulations on the gold.
Thank you PoE. It was a good find.

Funny, you mention that his girlfriend lost it many years ago and I thought it was like perhaps ten years until I saw the date on the ring and than further scrolled and saw the gentleman. His girlfriend lost it many, many years ago more like it, unless perhaps he is still dating all those years.

Lol PM. According to him, she actually got mad at him and threw it away. She fibbed a bit as to the location though, lol. She told him she threw it out the window at one of their " parking " spots, but I found it in the yard of the house where her family lived when he was dating her 40+ years ago.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice HS ring.
That's the same year, same karat, stone and same maker as the one I found. Yours is heavier than mine tough. I believe mine is around 9 grams as I recall.

What school is it from?? is it local to you?

Congrats.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you sir for your post. It was from Abington Heights, a school in the next county from me, just outside Scranton, Pa.
Chris and I were talking last week. It seems I have been in a slump ever since I found and returned this, but I would not do anything differently knowing this.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you sir for your post. It was from Abington Heights, a school in the next county from me, just outside Scranton, Pa.
Chris and I were talking last week. It seems I have been in a slump ever since I found and returned this, but I would not do anything differently knowing this.

A slump; like everything else in this life is only temporary.

I KNOW that the law of Karma is real and absolute. Just keep digging and your reward for that return will appear sooner or later.
It may just show up in an absolutely unexpected way.

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Find! Congratz!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions