πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Hunting Nickels Has A Benefit...Gold!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Got out today with Cjon455 for another day of permission seeking. Turned out to be a beautiful day. We started out going north towards some old towns we have had luck with before. After crossing over the river, I asked Chris what was in the opposite direction we usually take. After a little discussion, we decided to turn around and head off that way. We spot what we thought was an 1800's farm house and stop. No answer, darn it. As we were backing out of the drive, we see a fellow come to the door and pull back in. I see the fellow gesturing off in every direction and pointing here and there. Chris shakes his hand and it's a yes! This place took on a personal note for me almost. First or second target rings up as a wheat. I dug and out comes 2 green wheats. Pinpoint again...something else. Another wheat, nickel ( 1964 ) and Lincoln. Another scan with the pinpointed and out comes my connection ~ 62 Rosie and a couple more wheats. 62 is my birth year, so I thought that was pretty cool. Didn't count the number of coins in the spill but there were several. I replace the plug and let Chris know maybe my slump was over lol. One or 2 targets later I get a flat button signal ( 60's on the ATP ) and out comes my first gold of 2015. A 1970 10kt class ring that weighs 13.5 grams. The stone is a little scratched and the gold has some rust colored stains, but I will take it. I think Chris was happier about it than I was lol. This is my 3rd class ring found. The other " personal " find was the dog tag and license. Is the same name as my youngest dog.
Thanks for looking.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430434734.562423.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430434959.809046.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430435021.965899.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430435111.711887.jpg

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now tell us, just how sad are you that you didn't find a war nick? LOL

VERY NICE!

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now tell us, just how sad are you that you didn't find a war nick? LOL

VERY NICE!

Pssst, don't tell anyone, but I hope I don't find one for awhile. It's more fun bantering about it than finding one would be[emoji2]

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Congrats!

....but please help me here I'm confused! You want a war nickel and complain about not finding it and find gold!
I want gold and complain about not finding it and get a speck of gold? :dontknow: Should I complain about not finding a war nickel and then I will find gold? :icon_scratch:
Please explain how this works ??? ??? ??? :icon_scratch: I'm confused.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! Congrats!

....but please help me here I'm confused! You want a war nickel and complain about not finding it and find gold!
I want gold and complain about not finding it and get a speck of gold? :dontknow: Should I complain about not finding a war nickel and then I will find gold? :icon_scratch:
Please explain how this works ??? ??? ??? :icon_scratch: I'm confused.

Lol. The whole thing started out as good natured joking between Chris and me. It's like I am his good luck charm for finding them...he finds them when we hunt more often than not. He likes to remind me how he can find them so easily lol.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Old dude.That is a hell of a find.That is another one that alludes me,solid gold!.very nice.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your so smug about it, "ehh just a gold ring" what the heck!!! today was a hell of a hunt, Lotta fun, glad I got to witness that sucker first hand, you deserve it and by the way.......

The heck with them nickels, gold is better!!

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Old dude.That is a hell of a find.That is another one that alludes me,solid gold!.very nice.

Thanks DI2...it was a surprise since I really was looking for a nickel or a button, lol.
OD
Now that`s a good day congrats on the Gold Class Ring and others !
Gary

Thanks Gary, but I would much rather find an extraordinary button like any of the ones you have been finding!

Your so smug about it, "ehh just a gold ring" what the heck!!! today was a hell of a hunt, Lotta fun, glad I got to witness that sucker first hand, you deserve it and by the way.......

The heck with them nickels, gold is better!!

Lol Chris...you forget : once you've found something more than once, it loses a bit of it's luster[emoji38][emoji38]

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a Sweet find!!
Congrats on the gold and your third class ring!! I'm still looking my first class ring but, I at least have one gold ring to my credit.
Unlike you I was out today looking for gold and not a war nickel. Lol
I was digging the low tones and found me a few nickels in the process, 3 to be exact and all three came from one hole.
I got a pocket spill of buffalo's with a silver in the mix.
I think my next hunt I'll concentrate on pull tabs and see what I find, maybe pull tabs and nickels both....

Congrats again and Good Luck on that war nickel!!

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah! I see Chris is the good luck charm!

(Watch it Chris! OD is going to be renting you out soon as a good luck charm!) :laughing7:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Chris...you forget : once you've found something more than once, it loses a bit of it's luster[emoji38][emoji38]

Yeah whatever, lol, cocky s.o.b. !!!!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah! I see Chris is the good luck charm!

(Watch it Chris! OD is going to be renting you out soon as a good luck charm!) :laughing7:

I'm not for hire lol!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy OD! Leave some gold for the rest of us buddy. I for one am goldless. Great job buddy. We all know it's a pain to dig everything but my theory is that if you dig everything your entire career you will no doubt end up with a handful of gold items. I hope just once I find some colonial gold. Is that too much to ask for?

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if I have told you but…. I LOVE GOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if I have told you but…. I LOVE GOOOOOOLD!!!!!!!
OldDude doesn't, he threw it at a construction workers head as we drove by, I had to convince him to turn around and get it lol!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice class ring save there Old Dude :occasion14:, not sure what else a flat button reads out like, would it be close to a partly ate zinc cent ??

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go OD. Great way to come out of your slump. Wish I was able to get out with you and Cjon, but I was broke down in the work truck on 309. Just wanted you to know. Ever since a little birdie told me about your War Nickel problem. I have been finding them at all my sites. Seems as if that same little birdie is doing some war nickel voodoo on you. Just saying.
image.jpg

Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go OD. Great way to come out of my our slump. Wish I was able to get out with you and Cjon, but I was broke down in the work truck on 309. Just wanted you to know. Ever since a little birdie told me about your War Nickel problem. I have been finding them at all my sites. Seems as if that same little birdie is doing some war nickel voodoo on you. Just saying.
hey with the amount of nickel signals hes been digging, this honkin gold ring was bound to happen!

that and about 63000 pulltabs!, it was cool to be there when that ring was dug!

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey with the amount of nickel signals hes been digging, this honkin gold ring was bound to happen!

that and about 63000 pulltabs!, it was cool to be there when that ring was dug!
yeah, but you know. Them gold rings just don't have the same luster as them war nickels do. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread