Find at the bonfire beach. Ring returned (pic)

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Re: Find at the bonfire beach. Update!

Wow great story all around. I love reading these posts about rings being reunited with their owners. I can only imagine the happiness it brings. Kudos to you

laughingcrow said:
Nice! I wish I could run into someone md'ing around here. My neighborhood is getting pretty boring!

Can you IM me if you want to go out on a hunt sometime this weekend? I also can go for a couple hours tomorrow or friday night!

I live on the Northish side!

Lisa

haha the only guys I run into here are detecting in a park I walkthrough every day which has an ordinance banning MD. I tell each of them though because A. don't want them to get in trouble, and B. don't wanting them hunting a place I can't ;D
One guy left gaping holes which I filled for the sake of all of us.

Regarding Seattle, I watched a show about the "underground city" in seattle which apparently was the old first level of the city before they built up and made the second stories the first. ???

Can you guys get down to those places to hunt? or are those the "bad" part of the city now?

laughingcrow

Jan 21, 2007
Seattle
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

I need to put down my detector for a minute and do some research first, I am slightly addicted to it!!

I know there has got to be spots here in Seattle. My finds were fairly bunk tonight, I'll post....

Lisa

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Madmardigan said:
Regarding Seattle, I watched a show about the "underground city" in seattle which apparently was the old first level of the city before they built up and made the second stories the first. ???

Can you guys get down to those places to hunt? or are those the "bad" part of the city now?

Alot of coastal cities have "underground" areas if the original downtown was built on the tidal plane. Streets and stores were at different levels, so the area is eventually all built to the same height. Now the original downtown is on old buildings and stilts until you get further inland. Can really get acess to the lower level in certain areas without fill. These are usually part of the "underground" tourist tours, which obviously can't be detected.

My hometown of Port Angeles, WA has a mini underground as well. You can walk under some of the piers holding up Main street. :).

OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs

MM, Sheldius is correct. Here in Seattle the "underground" is totally a tourist site. No way to get down there for MD'ers. Grrrr. One nice thing tho, it's haunted.
Lisa, will PM ya in a minute. :)

OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Met with the owner, returned the ring.
My reward request was:
A. He had to let me take his pic with ring. :D
B: He has to find me an old property to hunt. 8) ( He thinks he knows someone to ask.)

[/img]

Attachments

• Ringowner1.jpg
    Ringowner1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 812

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Awesome Lafitte! :D I loved seeing the owner with the ring and can't wait to hear about the property you get to hunt too! :D

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How exciting to be able to return that mans lost ring.
Nice heap of treasures too.

Lafitte said:
MM, Sheldius is correct. Here in Seattle the "underground" is totally a tourist site. No way to get down there for MD'ers. Grrrr. One nice thing tho, it's haunted.
Lisa, will PM ya in a minute. :)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Lafitte, you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COngrats on doing the rightious thing.
It will be paid back tenfold by the MD'ing gods,
and this hobby needs all the good press it can get.
You have done that for sure.
You are my TNet All Star of the week!!!!
BEst of luck to you in all your searches.
Thanks for sharing your story and photos!

Smiles!
BDoo

laughingcrow

Jan 21, 2007
Seattle
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nice ending to the story.
I went out MD'ing with Lafitte today and your are pretty good on your research, I won't be suprised if you find something huge!!!!

I found 4 Cents with a few pull tabs, where as Lafitte found jewelry!!

Nice meeting you and thanks for showing me the park. Seattle lived up to its name today and poured most of the day.

One good thing about going out MDing with other people is the ideas and tips you get.

Lisa

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Cool story, great job returning the ring and taking those nails out of that place who knows who could have ended up with one of those nails stucked in their foot. :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread