Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As per my earlier post some may be familiar with me finding 25+ pieces of jewelry in the kudzu patch that I turned into police on June 2nd and they closed the case 10 days later. I had a claim on jewelry and could get it back Aug 2nd. Well since it was not a priority to police to find the owner I didn't turn anymore over and continued to hunt location all through June. Sometimes twice a day(early and late) because of the heat.I found a senior key pendant from a school class of 77 with the initials KWB. I placed an add on Craigslist and contacted the school(no info due to privacy laws) and finally joined classmates website as a member of that class and posted I found an item with KWB initials and wanted to return it.Well Saturday I was contacted by KWB's sister and then him and then his wife. Turns out someone broke into their home the week of Christmas and stole presents TV's and all the jewelry. Mrs KWB was so excited to have any back as some was bought for her by her father that has passed. While I didn't find(yet) a high school ring and the first wedding ring set I was able to find and return 21 bracelets 4 watches 14 necklaces 41 complete sets of earrings 60+ single earrings pendants and broaches. And 30 rings Some were costume ,sterling,gold,diamonds,opals and other semiprecious stones. I made arrangements to meet Mrs.KWB and return items today at 12:30. She sent text 40 mins before already at location waiting. She was kinda excited. Meet her and got hugs and smiles and more of the same in the 20 mins we were there. The Huge smile on her face as she left told it all. IMG_20150707_134330.jpg IMG_20150707_121326589.jpg
IMG_20150707_134041.jpg IMG_20150707_133912.jpg
IMG_20150707_080816265.jpg IMG_20150707_134225.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150707_121323169.jpg
    IMG_20150707_121323169.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 272

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've Earned a lot of Karma points returning all that Bounty. Awesome.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Fantastic recovery and return! Also a great story--I remember the original post--glad you were able to find so much of her stuff! Congrats!! :thumbsup:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's like 160 honorable mentions. Woohoo. Good on ya.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Good on you! It is great that you went back, found more stuff and pursued finding the owner/owners of the Jewelry thus doing the Police Department's job for them. Were you able to pick up the previous found items from the Police Department to return to the owner/owners or did they have to go get them?

Frank

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Impressive. Great pictures of recoveries and returns. Good job on the making contact and conclusion.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic!!! Congratulations on the recovery and return. She is one happy woman! :occasion14:

Thank you for sharing the story!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE YOU WILL SURLEY BE REWARED. I ALSO REMEMBER WHEN THIS STORY WAS POSTED .

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a incredible story

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's just awesome :notworthy: Absolutely a mega honorable mention! I hope you don't have to wait until Aug to get the stuff back to her that the police have. I remember the original post and its great to see it end like this.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you! It is great that you went back, found more stuff and pursued finding the owner/owners of the Jewelry thus doing the Police Department's job for them. Were you able to pick up the previous found items from the Police Department to return to the owner/owners or did they have to go get them?

Frank
I gave her the original police report and Investigating (loosely used) Officers card. She called him and will meet with him. Woman had tears in her eyes. She has a special needs son that was with her and she pointed out a couple of plastic rings and be said he gave those to her. I about choked up and he told me they stole Christmas and went through his bedroom drawers.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job TBD! Some good karma ought to be coming your way.

Did the nice lady give you any reward? And you know exactly what I mean...

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BEST RETURN STORY EVER!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job TBD! Some good karma ought to be coming your way.

Did the nice lady give you any reward? And you know exactly what I mean...

No she knew I was happily married (doubtful my wife is) so I gave her your number so that's 2 CT...remember the waitress don't ya. But seeing about your STD s I better tell her not to call you. I invited you to the Kudzu patch 3 times.
IMG_20150602_110840396_HDR.jpg

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is such an awesome ending. Good for you turning it all in as well!!!! I certainly hope Karma give you a reward with your next finds!!!:icon_thumleft:

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your story should be mandatory reading for all the dopes who make snide comments to MDers. someday it may be their "stuff" one of us finds, and same to the snobs who "don't allow" us on their land---"can't have you sueing me". my story of a stolen returned gold & diamond ring last September did not have a happy ending-- I turned it over to a cop friend of over 30 years, and his wife felt it was her place to contact, return and take credit for the find, never bothered to mention me and the ring's owner never attempted to thank me even after leaving her 2 voice mails. the 30+ year friendship is over but there are 2 women here who need a lesson in humanity. you on the other hand are KING OF THE WORLD!!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have an amazing story and should write a piece for the paper so as to portray all of us mders in a good light.....kinda like the upside to MDing. Congrats!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is such an awesome ending. Good for you turning it all in as well!!!! I certainly hope Karma give you a reward with your next finds!!!:icon_thumleft:

I felt like I was rewarded today as she spoke with tears coming to her eyes talking about her special need son and her dad who has passed away giving her some of those Treasures. And along with her son really got to me. I know this wasn't the heist of the century but this meant as much to her as the banks money and to say I was disappointed by the lack of any investigation would be an understatement. Knowing it was probably stolen only made me want to find the owner(s). It wasn't mine unless I exhausted all resources available to me. I may like to play around on here and mess with OD and CT but I do have a serious side and I believe that if you will steal a dime(or OD Nickel) You'll steal a dollar. And this dime belonged to someone who thought she would never see her Treasure again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread