Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS IS '' NUTS''

I went to a rummage sale last weekend 45 minutes early - the place was packed - everyone had their 'piles' of good stuff . All I found was a Scrabble Game . I went to pay and she said they weren't ready to take money yet . So I went to 20 boxes of books . I was happy to find the Aircraft Recognition book dated 1962 - next to it was an old autograph book . They were finally letting people pay . My 3 items were $1.00 . They had a donation jar I gave another dollar . I didn't realize what I had til I got home .

Attachments

• auto 015.jpg
    auto 015.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 379
  • auto 016.jpg
    auto 016.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 399
  • auto 020.jpg
    auto 020.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 394
  • auto 021.jpg
    auto 021.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 387

gravityrules

Feb 20, 2012
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Fisher F5, Fisher 1265-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, congrats!

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are more sigs Gen. Wyman , Simpson , but I got the grill going , gonna have a cookout !

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody have any guesses on value of the signature book? Do you think there is any benefit to having it authenticated? Just interested because I have never come across autographs before.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to Las Vegas. Offer it for sale at the Pawn Shop, let them bring in the expert.

Refuse any offer.

Let us know when you will be on TV.

Go take in a show and have a nice relaxing weekend.

Great find!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Refuse any offer. Go take in a show and have a nice relaxing weekend.
His offer won't even cover the show.

Can't relax in that town. I stay away from it. My parents retired there, but they lived on the edge of town and never did more than a buffet dinner on the strip. The parents arn't around any more so I do not have to endure 115* and 100,000 people at the same time.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more Sigs -

Attachments

• auto 018.jpg
    auto 018.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 292
  • auto 019.jpg
    auto 019.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 288
  • auto 022.jpg
    auto 022.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 283

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody have any guesses on value of the signature book? Do you think there is any benefit to having it authenticated? Just interested because I have never come across autographs before.
I wouldn't want to guess the value of it. I'm sure it'd be quite high if the sigs. can be verified. If I owned it and was planning on selling it, I would want the most I could get out of it. Having that book authenticated would dramatically increase the value I believe. Especially since there are even more WW2 notables in it as already mentioned by mojjax. Having said that I would be lost trying to figure out who or where to send it for authentication. I think this piece should be sold in an internationally advertised militaria auction.

I vote banner!

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't want to guess the value of it. I'm sure it'd be quite high if the sigs. can be verified. If I owned it and was planning on selling it, I would want the most I could get out of it. Having that book authenticated would dramatically increase the value I believe. Especially since there are even more WW2 notables in it as already mentioned by mojjax. Having said that I would be lost trying to figure out who or where to send it for authentication. I think this piece should be sold in an internationally advertised militaria auction.

I vote banner!

Me, too!

Couldn't someone search online to see who authenticates and even auctions this sort of unique stuff?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mojjax- Is there a last name anywhere identifying who the book belonged to besides first name "Joe"? You would think it belonged to a pretty high ranking officer in itself.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mojjax- Is there a last name anywhere identifying who the book belonged to besides first name "Joe"? You would think it belonged to a pretty high ranking officer in itself.
Yes there is a last name , I think he is still alive and lives in our area - I want to give it back to him . It could of been accidentally donated to the sale .

Last edited:

Ahakunut

Jul 8, 2014
Honolulu, Hi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of all the hero's listed in that book, the only one missing is Mojjax. Not many people would be willing to give something that valuable back. Great find and thank you!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread