πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION First scoop Wedding Ring, second scoop Engagement Ring! Returned!

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1172.JPG IMG_1171.JPG I went to a local swimming area with Deepseeker ADS today. I had heard that a woman lost her wedding and engagement ring there a couple of months ago. The lake level was really down. Deep was working the beach and I hit the water. I got my first hit and a second hit together within inches of the edge of the water. First scoop, the ring actually was sitting on top of the sand when I tilted the scoop back. I called Deep over to show him, picked out the ring and then dug the second target a couple of inches away and out popped the wedding ring. I told the people working the entrance to the park and they called the young lady that lost it. She came over and picked up her rings within a half hour of our phone call. I got another $1.38 in change and a Lotus HotWheels Car. Great Day! I've attached pictures of the young lady, her cousin and a fat, old, ugly, hairy metal detectorist and the rings back on her finger where the belong.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your find a return! :headbang:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Nice return

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Steve! Sure is a great feeling to see the look on their face.

Howard

Mar 22, 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter, Excal. II, Whites PI Surf Master & Fisher CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very Nice! Sounds like that would be two rings returned! Congrats! :thumbsup:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd barely turned my Fisher on when Steve got the first hit. Then the second ring almost immediately after putting his coil back in the water!

I wasn't with him for the return, but these rings aren't the first he's returned. Steve is one of the best public relations TNet members on here. And what is best, Steve wants to do this - there's no greed in him. Congratulations Steve!

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepseeker ADS forgot to mention that I also walk on water, turn water to wine, etc. All joking aside, I don't think that I am any different than most of the detectorist on here. We are all looking for that big find but finding lost items for people is sometimes better in the long run. steve

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I also forgot to mention that Steve's feet don't get wet, even in the deepest parts.....

He didn't tell me about the wine. I'll carry a jug of water with me next time so that I'll have wine to drink on our hunt.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He doesn't always metal detect..... But when he does, he returns all the rings to their owners...:)

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent!!! :weee: :hello2:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice goin' on the rings finds and return!:headbang:
Lorraine

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepseeker ADS, Remember the "Gatorade" that I gave you. Did you feel lots better afterwards? Yea, it was "Gatorade" or was it? This thread is getting as deep as the mud that I was in yesterday.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Deepseeker ADS, Remember the "Gatorade" that I gave you. Did you feel lots better afterwards? Yea, it was "Gatorade" or was it? This thread is getting as deep as the mud that I was in yesterday.

I was told not to drink Gatorade, said it contained anti-freeze!!!

Sorry, didn't make it to the Front Porch Fest today, looked at my bank account and found I'd spent too much on the Stealth 920ix..... Payday is the 9th for SSN...

You're going to get to try out that scoop my friend!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread