[HONORABLE MENTION] First ring return
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By PullTabPete

Thread: First ring return

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2012
    Michigan
    Excal II E-trac
    579 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

First ring return

Hello All, it was a very busy summer for me and I was only able to get in the water a couple of times all season without much luck. A few weeks ago I was out in the water and finally dug a small gold wedding band. It was marked 10K so I felt pretty good until later I looked at it and is 10K G.F. (Gold filled), anyways I was a little disappointed.

I got out last Saturday for short while and only found .02 cents and some assorted trash, so on Sunday I had my scoop and detector by the back door in case I wanted to get out. Instead I just hung out and the beach with family and neighbors and by 5pm, didn't plan on doing any detecting that day. One of my neighbors noticed a few people from the hotel next door in the water apparently looking for something. A few minutes later a young woman (early 20's) comes up to our group and asks if we find a ring please let the hotel know because they dropped a wedding ring and they were leaving the next day. Of course everyone in our group volunteered my services immediately.

So apparently the couple had been married for just a month and the husband lost his weeding band in about 3 feet of water. They did have a pretty good idea where they lost it, in about a 30X30 foot search area. The woman was pretty upset, I told her I would do my best, but it wasn't making any promises. Anyway I found it a few inches down in some muck after about 10 minutes. She was so thrilled and started to cry, the husband who was looking rather sheepish through the whole time, was quite relieved.

The ring itself was just a plain titanium band, but obviously had great value to the couple. One of neighbors remarked that she asked the right person on the beach and she said the hotel had told her someone in my condo complex had a detector, so in her desperation she came over.

I was rewarded with a couple of Apple ciders (they were out of beer) and a large 3 musketeers bar. Unfortunately the girl was so happy she ran off to collect my reward before my wife could snap a photo of the moment.

Anyways the whole episode made me feel good and was easily my best water find of a short season. I'd like to think I banked some good karma for future hunts.

Cheers,

Pete
    "Silver Train is coming' think I'm going to get on now, oh yeah" - Jagger/Richards

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    15346 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Name:  01.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  42.2 KB
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    Detector Collector

May 2015
    Madison, MS
    Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
    2230 times
    I mainly coin shoot, but I also enjoy relic hunting and shallow ocean hunting.
    Good Job!!!
    Clad - 2 dollars, 274 quarters, 282 dimes, 115 nickels, 787 pennies, 1 foreign
    Older - 1 Barber Half, 1 Walker, 1 Franklin, 1 Seated Qtr, 1 Barber Qtr, 5 Washington, 4 Barber Dimes, 12 Mercs, 13 Rosies
    1 CB Half Dime, 1 Shield, 3 Vs, 8 Buffalos, 4 War Nickels, 10 IHPs, 137 Wheats, 1803 Half Real
    Relics - 1 3-Ringer, 1 Round Ball, Silver fork, 3 pocket knives, Gem Micromatic razor, small compact, Silver bib clip, Silver brush, skeleton key
    Jewelry - 2 Gold rings, 2 Silver rings, Silver bracelet, Silver earring, 3 Silver charms, lady's watch

Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.

Captain Caveman

us
    Sep 2014
    Southern SoCal
    CTX3030, 17" coil, excal 1000, 15 WOT remote PP, str8 shaft
    572 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Good job

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    5671 times
    Looks like the hotel is sending you some good business.....Congrats!
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

us
    Mar 2007
    Hudson Fl.
    Excal
    582 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I'm sure she was one happy lady, not to mention her husband. Super deed!

stefen
    PullTabPete has a nice ring to it...

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links