πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Anyone for a Christmastime story?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found something like, between 200-400 dollars today. It was inside a purse found on a parking lot. So.....
that's a "today's find", right? ;)

I know it had that much in it because I looked inside for identification. I found a paystub and noticed that it
was an employee of the store where I found it. So, off I went to the service desk. I asked if they could page this
employee. I wanted to give it back to her myself. They told me that she had just had something terrible happen and
was devastated, so she went home. I asked, and her friend and coworker told me she had just cashed her check &
cashed out her Christmas club. Then, somewhere, she lost her purse. She didn't know how she was going to explain to
her family.

I told them, call her up and have her come back in, then I showed them the purse.

Needless to say, she did and I gave it back to her. I got sooooooooo much love that I won't need
any for a good while! LOLOLOLOL. I absolutely refused any part of the money. So, her manager gave me a
store card with a few dollars on it for my reward. I tried to refuse that too, but he wouldn't hear of it. LOL

Funny ain't it? I go out and dig/scratch/scrape/pick up every penny I see on a parking lot. Then, I finally, finally,
finally, scored big!! And....what did I do? I gave it back! LOLOL

Sorry, even though, "no pics, it never happened", there are no pics. :)

Merry Christmas folks!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, You are an Officer and a Gentleman. If I lived closer, I would buy you a beverage of your choice and we would celebrate your good deed. You make us proud to be Americans! :hello2::occasion14::headbang: Sub

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The World could use more people like you. I know you will be so blessed for you actions. Merry Christmas I know you gave that person hers back

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a nice thing ya did there laddy...

Karma shall visit ye soon!

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What Tyler said...God bless you sir.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome story and awesome deed. You definitely made her day. I imagine she was just sick with grief, embarrassment and dread at having to make the rest of her family feel the same. I think if you happen to mention the hobby to her, the co-workers and manager, you might just get some permissions. Great job Gary! Merry Christmas to you.

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love hearing this kind of story about someone who did the right thing and helped someone they don't even know!!!! Much better then the stories they put on the boob tube. Hoping you have a very nice Christmas as I am sure you just made that happen for a whole family.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kudos to you Whadi. Your a man of integrity.... :notworthy: I loved the post.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is such a sweet, sweet story, and 'you're a good man Charlie Brown!' We need more people like YOU in this world, especially now! I'm so glad you were the one who found it instead of some dishonest person. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

:)
Breezie

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bless you. That had to feel good. Nice to know there are good honest people left in this greedy world. Hats off to you and Merry Christmas![emoji482]

HH, Relic Nut

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on receiving the Honorable Mention Whadi, it was well deserved. :notworthy:

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the Honorable Mention WIF. Very deserving

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey WHADIFIND!! THANKS for making someone's CHRISTMAS VERY SPECIAL!! Hope You're Well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeff!! Pretty Darn Neat!! Congrats to WHADIFIND!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread