πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Lost Ring Recovery!!!! 10k Gold with NINE Diamonds!!!

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a call a bit ago from a fellow fireman saying that a family member had lost his wedding band in his yard. At the fire department the guys always laugh about my hobby, so I was surprised to hear from him! Hey, I will be the first to tell you we are a unique breed of folks! When I found out that the ring had been lost only three hours prior, and the man that lost it was still on site, I knew I had better hit while the fellow's memory was still fresh. Upon arrival I followed the man around in the woods as he showed me the best guess of where he had lost the ring. The man had taken a dog for a walk in the woods when he realized the ring was gone. I drug my foot all the way to the point where the man noticed that the ring was missing. First I detected the driveway, it was clear. Then I started down the trail that I had made by dragging my foot and making wide sweeps with my Garrett AT Pro. I made three passes on the trail, venturing farther and farther from the "trail" each pass. That is when I decided it was not in the trail he had showed me. I started weaving in and our of the trees combing over any disturbed leaves that I saw. That technique paid off!! Two hours later, I got the tone I was waiting on-i looked down, and THERE IT WAS! My fireman friend was beside me and he came and gave me a high five. He called his buddy over and opened his hand and the look on the man's face was priceless. He went inside to show his spouse and they were so excited they decided to give me a reward of $60 bucks, which I tried to decline, but they would not hear it. They also sent me home with a chicken breast for dinner! Happy Hunting from NC! brad1.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro silver umax and fisher f44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You were Hero of the day for that guy!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now theres a treasure in itself. Good Job!!!!

DennisNJ

Nov 13, 2014
Atco, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
White Coinmaster 5000d Series 2 (Vintage)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what Firefighters do, help others in need.

Retired Firefighter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread