D'Iberville MS
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On Sunday morning I was detecting on the beach when a woman approached me and said if you ever find a class ring i lost mine here 20 yrs ago. I asked where and she laughed I don't know I just graduated and we were partying. She said she was just curious if i ever found a ring detecting and I said yes I had. I said if you had an idea where you lost it I would look but since it's been that long and the beach is hit hard by guys detecting not to mention two hurricanes I doubt if it hasn't been found no one will ever find it.

I said what year was it and she told me 1995. I said I will keep it in mind. I asked for her number or email and told her I would keep it just in case.

Well this morning I found a 1995 girls class ring. I called her and asked if it had any engravings in it and she said yes on the inside of the band is initials C T and then 2 small hearts. I said I have it believe it or not. I said if you want it i will be in the same area of the beach. She said i will be there in 5 minutes. She showed up and looked at it and tears come to her eyes. I knew than it was the right ring. She threw her arms around my neck almost choking me and gave me a big kiss on the cheek.

The tears in her eyes was so heart warming to me. In amongst all the confusion I forgot to get a pic of her and the ring.

It rang up like it was a tab or foil but the signal was so clear I had to dig it. I found it about 6" deep. I am still in awe i found it since she had approached me on Sunday. I wasn't even thinking ring today

Today made metal detecting worth it if I never find another thing

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
no way dude, thats freakin crazy!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kudos to you and may your Karma be favorable. Can't beat the feeling you had today making her day. Awesome

joee5

Dec 16, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Whites XLT
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story and great find. She mighta been looking for it for 20 years too.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job!! The hug & kiss is worth so much...........thanks for posting. :occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 GOOD DEED.jpg

Top Member Reactions