πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Some nice eyeballed finds recently including a wallet and Gucci watch

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
It's amazing what people take with them when they head off to the park for a little jog. Last Saturday morning I eyeballed a wallet laying in the pine straw along the edge of the running trail I frequent. It was a man's tri-fold and at first glance it appeared to be a young man's picture on the driver's license. But closer inspection revealed it belonged to a young lady in her mid-20s which was a little strange. There were a lot of preparations being made at the site for a big 5K race later that morning, and the woman had been riding on the back of a 4-wheeler that was dropping off water at selected spots. Apparently it somehow got jostled out of her back pocket. When I went back to the parking lot where they were setting up, I started asking around and quickly found the owner, who was totally oblivious that it was missing, but was very grateful for its return.

Then this morning while on another run I saw a black watch laying upside down on the side of the roadway on an overpass not far from my house. I was shocked to flip it over and see it was a Gucci (new ones of this type sell for about $400), but it was missing the clasp which is obviously why it fell off its owner's wrist. I quickly glanced around to see if I could find the clasp, but didn't see what I figured would be a black one. But coming back that way to finish up the run I started eyeballing the area again, and due to the early morning sun being at the right angle I was able to see a silver item shimmering in the light which turned out to be the clasp. When I got home and gave the watch a closer inspection I could see that one of the thin metal rings surrounding one of the 3 interior dials had come loose and gotten tangled around minute hand causing it to freeze up. But I think its an easily fixable problem. However, I plan to wait a few days and see if anyone advertises its loss, and if there are no takers I'll have it fixed and probably give it to my son or a friend. They say good things come in threes, so hopefully something even nicer is just beyond the horizon.

Attachments

• gucci watch.jpg
    gucci watch.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 327
  • wallet2.jpg
    wallet2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
You did the right thing Bill and I hope that you will be rewarded for it.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kudos to you Bill. :notworthy: Doing the right thing just feels right. Glad to see you had a chance to experience it.... today.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Colonial Gucci watch Bill. Cool move with the wallet as well. Take it easy bud

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only you. The only thing I find on the ground is dog poop and that's only after I step in it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Only you. The only thing I find on the ground is dog poop and that's only after I step in it

Are you saying I'm lucky? Don't know where that comes from :laughing7:. BTW - you need to update your avatar. Where's that 8 reale cob?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work Bill, I'm sure some spectacular finds are headed your way for your good deed.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I kneeled in some deer poop yesterday. That was fun.

Anybody ever get a killer signal right under a huge pile? It's happened to me several times with dogs, several rabbit, and about 100 times with geese

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody ever get a killer signal right under a huge pile? It's happened to me several times with dogs, several rabbit, and about 100 times with geese

I hear ya, and of course you gotta just deal with it and dig. Hopefully it's worth it lol.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
good karma Bill! Was a pleasure to meet you in Pa!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done man :thumbsup: I'm sure she was thrilled to get her wallet back before having to go through the pain of realizing it was missing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions