๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION A CLASS RING AND MORE

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All, I am going to start this tale by saying thanx for looking and please have patience to get to the end. Last Monday I went to the beach. I was thankful that it was a little overcast. The weather man says that it was supposed to really get hot at home, but I'm at the beach. I got there at 5:30 am The sun hadn't come up yet. I was glad to have an early start. I had decided to go to a different part of the beach. If I would have gone to the pier there would have been at least 6 other hunters..I did a grid between two towers. I was finding a lot of change. Then I got a Lexus key chain. My brother in law has one so I knew he would like this. Shortly after I got a hit, it looked like another penny. As it turned out, it was a girls class ring. Her name was inscribed inside the band. I got to thinking about the ring. It could be from California or even another state, pr anywhere.When I got home I put it under a my magnifying glass and you could see the big G and on the side it said Eagles. So I googled Glen Eagles. Up popped a school district called John Glen.
e14010.gif
I called the district and explained that I was the old guy on the beach with a metal detector, and found a girls class ring. She transferred me to the High School and I explained once again.I ask if she could call the girls parents and have them call me....She was very gracious and appreciative that I had taken the time to try and return the ring.

Tuesday I needed to get gas and a few things from the store. I was sitting in a line at Cosco when my phone rang. When I answered I heard a voice ask is this Pete? I replied with yes and who is this. She told me her name. The same name as is on the ring. Did you really find my class ring? Yes I did, it's sitting on my desk at home right now. All she could say was that's amazing. My friends and I hunted for 2 hours. I cried. I also lost my grandma's wedding ring and another ring. I told her I would be going back on Wednesday to hunt again. No promises about finding it though. There are other people hunting too and the machines they use to clean the beach could have moved it somewhere else. That would really make it hard to find. I returned on Wednesday and started my grid again. After making the beach look like a checker board I heard a clunk clunk in the scoop. There it was grandma's ring. I took a pic and sent it to her with the comment found grandma's ring. Her reply was that's amazing. You really found it. I sent a text back saying there it is sitting on my detector.We made plans to meet on Saturday. I got to the beach on Saturday with Twila and Chris to return the rings. Then I got another text saying she couldn't make it. Her ride bailed on her. I know she wanted her rings, but I was let down too. I really don't like to hunt the beach on weekends. I was upset that she didn't show. I was here so I might as well hunt. I thought maybe I could find the other ring. After making another checker board I found her silver ring. I didn't tell her that I found it. When I got home I got another text from her appologizing again. We made another appointment to return the ring on Wednesday. When I got home I got to thinking that maybe not everyone has the luxury of being retired and being able to do what you want when you want.

Today is Wednesday. I returned the rings to her this morning. She was soooo happy to get them back.
She text me while she was on her way home. She said they are on my hand again. My grandma is with me again.. I don't know about you guys but that touched my heart. HH GFP Thanks for sticking in to the end. 08 03 16_0274_edited-1.JPG 08 03 16_0271_edited-1.JPG

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Great story, Pete.

You are a credit to our hobby.

RocknRoll

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing! Nice job and may good Karma follow you!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go !!!!! Congratulations !!!

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait till you see what you find next.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you are my hero Pete, where are you?

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 for 3....Great story, great job, good on you!!!
SS

THBrock

Jul 25, 2016
Grand Prairie, TX
Detector(s) used
lol, bounty hunter QuickDraw II
Garrett, green something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was well worth the read, great job sir!

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's amazing and so are you! Blessings coming your way! Thanks for sharing.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on being awesome!

:weee:

Honorable Mention for sure!

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pete, it was great meeting you! Looks like we have the same tastes in metal detecting equipment, too bad I don't do as well as you do with it :laughing7: You told me about your class ring find and then going back and finding the other two rings (just remarkable :notworthy:). For you to return these rings to their owner tells me a lot about your character and you heart. You've got a ton of good karma coming your way. Well done!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

HH Randy

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! Great job and that should earn you an awesome amount of karma!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome story Pete! Brought a tear to my eye. Great job hunting down those rings for her and making the effort to return them.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicely done Pete. I still haven't been able to return 1 yet and you got 3 at once.

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice Job! Way to be a role model!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread