๐Ÿ† HONORABLE MENTION Three Rings...Two Reunited

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

I haven't posted much this year, partly due to work and weather...too busy and too hot. I do plan to dig more when the weather levels out.

My best friend recently returned from Florida having united with some family he's never met and also to learn about his late father while there. He was given two rings among some other memorabilia to take home that belonged to his father. Unfortunately, he lost the rings while mowing and called me in...of course. I said, "If they are there...I will find them." And so, I did and reunited my friend with his late father's rings(14k band and Sterling Ankh). During the process I managed to unearth a porky sterling finger belt festooned with a hematite cab. I was stoked. I also found the third of three matchbox cars in his yard as well...but he kept them, which is fine with me. Also found a rabbies tag and a watch. It was fun...gonna have to do more of this stuff soon haha.

That is all for now. GL & HH.

Attachments

• 13988765_1831092987123214_583548720_n.jpg
    13988765_1831092987123214_583548720_n.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 173

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I will find them." And so, I did and reunited my friend with his late father's rings(14k band and Sterling Ankh)...I also found the third of three matchbox cars in his yard as well...but he kept them, which is fine with me...
metal_detector.gif
Very very kind of you. Personally, I am shocked that after you found the rings he couldn't bring it upon himself to give up the matchbox cars as a way of saying thank you - unreal!

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I couldn't bring myself to return anything unless the person who lost it was right there already looking lol

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the comments and likes, very appreciated.

Giving up the cars was no issue, but yeah...if it had been any one else, I might have wrestled a bit about keeping them. But I have a lot of cars and was awarded the ring and a few other things. Besides, we only live a few houses apart and I can see them whenever I am over there.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Awesome you saved the day finding your buddies late fathers lost rings. Karma will be smiling back at you.
Congrats on a Great day!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you sharing the story! You did a good deed, I hope fortune finds its way under your coil. :icon_thumleft:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; A slight thing here ok. All the kudo's to JARl are nice & appreciated BUT why not Vote for Honorable Mention while your at it ?? JARl deserves it. My Vote goes in now. What say ye Folks ?? VOTE?? PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

CONGRATS JARL.!!! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone again for the comments and likes. Much appreciated. @ BARKER...thanks for the vote! :)

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point Barker, my vote is in.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job of finding those rings and returning them. That's better than all the gold in the world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread