πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Fisherman's blues to Fisherman's rock and roll!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a call a week ago that a newly married guy was out fishing with some buds on Lake Erie and as they were bringing the boat back to shore in his ring slipped off. Wife of course was livid! Lake Erie can get quite rough at times and that's what he was saying it was when he rented an ace 150 with no luck and those are good units but not waterproof. He doubted it could be found cause it was out there for 2 weeks. He said it was roughly waist high water and I laughed cos when I met him out there he was quite tall so like his waist was at my chest almost my neck lol (everyone's taller than me!) So being a private beach and no one else knew about the loss I figured we had a better chance of finding the ring. I brought my new detector pro underwater headhunter underwater unit with 12" nef and figured this is as good an opportunity to try it as possible.
We started at sunrise and as we were walking to the beach the foliage was quite attractive and reminded me of being on an island. As the canopy opened up and as we were getting into the water he was good at remembering the area. I got a linear hit which produced a 6 foot copper pipe. Continuing my grid search and running 0 disc I got a soft signal. The water clarity was near opaque and I usually go barefoot during water searches as I can feel what the item is when I get a hit. The sand was compact so I knew if it was in this area it was just under the surface. So I felt with my foot as I moved it around on the bottom that the object was round so I thought well its probably a bottle cap but those are usually louder. So I dig it all out in the water so it didn't matter anyway. Placing my foot at back of coil and scooping forward with my 5' handle scoop I got nothing, so I swept the coil again and redid scoop procedure and up came this gorgeous white gold band at my chest high level water depth.
My client saw it first in the scoop as the water washed away and he went wild! We high fived and I said HOLD ONTO IT THIS TIME!
SO not a bad hunt total search time 20min and I highly recommend the detector pro headhunter underwater models!
Jon
RFwhtgoldLkErieCrop_8-17-16.jpg RFwhtgoldLkErie_8-18-16.jpg RFwhtgoldLkErieCloseupCrop_8-18-16.jpg

Last edited:

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on finding the ring!! More good PR for our hobby!

Iowa Dale

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome way to make his wife happy......:laughing7: I lost my first wedding ring in a lake when in the military. Still haven't told the wife.......just bought one that looked like it at pawn shop when got home......That was over 22 years ago.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice job. Congrats on the find and return. Voted Honorable Mention

OP
OP
teleprospector

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and thank you Jeff and everyone!
Jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread