🏆 HONORABLE MENTION A golden Day that got even better.

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finds at the beach have been slow for me this year with rings becoming scarce as people are even wising up and leaving their rings at home or the numbers at the beach just not being what they used to.
For me the only rings I have found this year were the plated dime store variety.
Don’t get me wrong I love getting up at 530 and hitting the beach even if I don’t find anything worthwhile.
Wednesday morning started out as a beautiful day with little wave action nice temps and no jellyfish to speak of, my first good find of the day looked like a real keeper a nice class ring that looked to be gold, a little later another small ring with diamonds that was plated but still a 2 ring day aint bad at all.
After getting back to the truck with Bill he saw the 10k inside with what appeared to be a name, woohoo first real gold of the year for me.
After getting it home and checking it out I could see one name inside, It appeared to be a first name with no last, well I had the school mascot and year she would graduate 2017 and it matched a local school, school around here hasn’t started yet but thought I would give it a shot.
I gave them a call and told the lady that answered I had a first name and I had found a class ring if there was some way they could look and see if they had someone there with that name and give her my name and number to call me. I was met with we don’t give out that information, I can’t take your number it’s against school policy you can leave ring in the lost and found.
Well that didn’t really help at all and I wasn’t going to just leave the ring without even knowing if the girl ever got it back.
After the wife got home first thing she noticed was the full name was case into the outside of ring! Dang I knew I was blind but how I didn’t see it makes me check my glasses again.
The detective in her was awakened and off she went on an internet search, with full name in hand year she was to graduate it didn’t take her long to find a face book page.
The name inside was a nic name and it matched the girl online.
Trouble now was girl didn’t except and messages from people she didn’t know.
This didn’t stop my wife, she proceeded to message anyone that had posted on this girls Facebook page that would let her and tell them to contact us that we had found the girls high school ring.
Well it didn’t take too long before she had contact, the young girl’s mother got a message called us even texted a picture with her daughter wearing the ring. She couldn’t believe that someone had found the ring and was willing to return it. She called her daughter who was in tears so upset she had lost this expensive ring that meant so much to her.
Well I told her to call me the next day so we could plan on a meeting. The mother called about midday to say her daughter was still out of town but they were in my area and if she could come by, I said sure and she was on the way.
I returned the ring and told her all I wanted was a picture and a smile and she was blown away.
The thanks smiles and good will was well worth returning the ring 100 times over.
So a good day at the beach turned into a terrific day making someone happy.
Reid 20160824_064006 (Medium).jpg 20160824_152841 (Medium).jpg 20160825_121726 (Medium).jpg 10468-MMS-1472351800000-attachment1-received_10153919574561158.jpg

Attachments

• 20160825_121704 (Medium).jpg
    20160825_121704 (Medium).jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well....that's an Honorable Mention without a doubt! Nice job with heaps of good Karma for you AND your Mrs Detective!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You went above and beyond on that effort! Great job, you could tell she was proud of that ring, and all of us here on T-Net are proud of you and the positive exposure for our great hobby. Thx very much, excellent post...ddf

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Lots of good karma will come from that. Congrats!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
It's always gratifying to find a nice piece of jewelry and return to the owner. Great job on the detective work!

Trokair

Mar 26, 2010
Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. People are really confused when I tell them I will return something if I can. This past week of metal detecting I was asked "What if it has a ton of diamonds on it but you can find out who owned it?" The answer is quite simple. Imagine you lost something of value and perfect stranger contacts you and offers to return it out of the kindness of their heart? That is the feeling I get from a great find and even more so out of returning something to someone who has lost it. I treasure my finds but nothing beats the feeling of seeing someone reunited with something they treasure that they never thought they would see again. Great job by both of you :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread